Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cinematic masterpiece that is "Double Team"

I just got through watching it on TV.

Jean-Claude van Damme is a secret agent whose death is faked and who is sent to work on an island with other "retired" agents against his will. The agents are held prisoner by a number of ingenious devices (of dubious plausibility) so that they can continue to be of service to their governments as counter-terrorist analysts. Van Damme's wife is pregnant with his child, so he formulates a plan to escape the island, a task which is given added urgency when the agents see footage from a terrorist attack by arch-villain Mickey Rourke, who has left a note at the scene telling van Damme that he is holding van Damme's wife hostage. Van Damme manages to escape (after a gruelling montage of training scenes) and tracks down his wife after hooking up with Dennis Rodman and some monks. His wife has given birth already, and Rourke has taken the baby to the Collosseum in Rome. Rourke has sown the floor of the Colloseum with hundreds of land mines, and he also has released a tiger. Insert awesome fight scene starring a three shirtless men and one motorcycle. Needless to say, as Rodman, van Damme and son exit stage left, Rourke is hoist by his own petard (literally) and we are treated to an explosion which devours Rourke, the tiger, and most of the Colloseum.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

That sounds positively insufferable. I must rent it.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

van Damme is synonymous with bad must see TV. Rodman and Rourke are just bonuses.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Great action movie
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Comment

I actually paid good money to see this at the movies when it came out...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
              I actually paid good money to see this at the movies when it came out...

And you call eveyone else here morons!!

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I was young and naive back then, it was my turn to pick the film and we hadn't seen the reviews...

I only said I saw it, I didn't say I liked it...

Comment

Oh hang on a sec...

I'm thinking of Double Impact

Jean Claude Van Damme plays a dual role as Alex and Chad, twins separated at the death of their parents. Chad is raised by a family retainer in Paris, Alex becomes a petty crook in Hong Kong. Seeing a picture of Alex, Chad rejoins him and convinces him that his rival in Hong Kong is also the man who killed their parents. Alex is suspicious of Chad, especially when it comes to his girlfriend.
                  I didn't actually read KH's post, I just assumed it was this movie he was talking about... (I am a moron.)

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                    (I am a moron.)
                    Sig material?

Regardless, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I saw a movie called Double Team once. It didn't have van Damme or Dennis Rodamn in it though.
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        Sig material?
                        I know, it happens so rarely that I suppose it is a major event...

Regardless, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.
                        Hey, I'm the first person to admit when I make a mistake...

Comment

you don't have to read the reviews, it's a van damme movie. They are all bad.

One movie I haven't seen in a while is the one with him and that big dude. They were futuristic soldiers or something. I remember them rapplling down the side of the Hoover dam or something. unvirsal soldier. is that it?

Comment

yeah that was it. Seemed like a good movie at the time, but I have no desire to watch it now. Only seen it once, as a matter of fact.

Comment

Van Damme is eyecandy and nothing more. Too bad he beat his wife back in the 90's.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X