sid meier complement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sid meier complement

Sid Meier, you rock! i love the game, and when i got it, i just couldnt wait to get the expansion, i just want to say thank u for making a game that is both educational, and fun

P.S. my maths teacher last name is Meier too

It's a great game, but they forgot Hitler.

Comment

Dear Die Hard, you rock. Especially when that guy was on the roof. P.S. Do you know Mad Max?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Solver: Your duty on this guy is clear, I think.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I got a headache, but I don't think so...
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Sid
            Soren
            Solver
            People who's nick/name starts with S
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                Sid
                Soren
                Solver
                SyberShy

Sid created a great idea for a game, civilization! And his initial game was awesome!
                I think we also own to Brian Reynolds who was more or less responsible for civ-games after civ1, and obviously Soren Johnson who created the best civ-game ever.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Brian deserves a huge for SMAC mainly.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Sid
                    Soren
                    Solver
                    QFT

-Shiva
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: sid meier complement

Originally posted by famousguy
                      P.S. my maths teacher last name is Meier too
                      But what is your spelling teacher's name?
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I think it's interesting they put Sid's name on their boxes. GIVES IT THAT GRAVITAS. It's to the point where i don't buy games without a designer's name before the title now.

Comment

Well, this has been "Sid Meier's Civilization" from the start. Sure, Civ4 isn't Sid's specifically, but Civ4 is still Civ. And, of course, Sid Meier's name on the box by itself is a guarantee of good sales .

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            Brian deserves a huge for SMAC mainly.
                            I don't get how he can design SMAC and then turn around and pull this Rise of Nations/Rise of weird Aliens RTS stuff. Seems incongruous. I'd say TBS isn't profitable...but civ4 clearly is..

Comment

After having designed two top-notch, highly successful TBS games (Civ2 and SMAC), I can easily see why Brian would have wanted to try something different. So he tried RTS and, IMO, succeeded - RoN is definitely one of, if not the, best RTS I've played. Having designed two RTS games, he now apparently wants to go into RPGs...

Comment

Working...
                              X