no saltpeter on an entire continent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no saltpeter on an entire continent?

I was going to ask this yesterday, but traveling to the other continent has provided me with one. I am curious, though, if this has happened to anyone else.

I am america on a huge map, and though I do share my homeland with the byzantines, I control at least 9/10 of the continent, so I was a little distressed when no saltpeter appeared when I learned gunpowder. Keeping the byzantines in check has been easy enough (haven't even bothered switching out of republic during war, they never last long) and they haven't yet produced anything requiring gunpowder. Granted, I am already in industrial age and they are still using spearman and longbows.

I do have a question. When you exchange maps, do you get to see any resources that they do not have available yet, or do you only see what they do?

When you exchange maps, you should see everything. As long as a tile is revealed, resources you have the tech for should always appear.

As for a continent lacking a strategic resource, yes, it can happen. (I'm even in a PBEM where my continent is the only one of the three with coal!)

Comment

Hah ha!

Well, like I said, I found one on the second continent before babylon could get to it. They must have warred with the incans for a long time, because they only had about half of the continent settled when I got there in 1490.

I may have to move in on their cities after I consolidate and remove the byzantines off the map.

Comment

The Ai does not expand well on the lowest levels as it plays with a handicap. It pays more than you do for things. At Regent, you both pay the same and after that they pay less.

It is more likely that they have had little in the way of war. You can find out, if you like. Get MapStat and run the save through its Viewer and then select those civs.

Comment

Working...
        X