Colonization for Windows problems with Windows 2000 SP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization for Windows problems with Windows 2000 SP4

after maybe an hour of play in Colwin with the win95 patch i can no longer issue order in the colony and have to restart the game, is there a way around this?

specs for system are

P3 650
    ASUS P2-B
    40gb WD ATA66
    Voodoo 5 5500
    196mb PC100
    Windows 2000 SP4 + Update rollup

Yeah. A way around it is by not being a dumbass, mr. Texan.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

who the hell are you, and why are you speaking to me in that manner

Comment

Originally posted by candle_86
        who the hell are you, and why are you speaking to me in that manner
        candle_86:

Not everyone here is quite as abrasive, please forgive those who wont or cant help.

Welcome to Apolyton!

I have not played this but will try to find an answer for you.

And welcome to our community

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

thank you gramps, i didnt mean to sound rude, just took me by suprise is all. Thanks for any help you can offer to me in this matter also.

Comment

Hmm, I haven't had that problem myself, so I don't know what the answer would be. Have you tried playing Col (not for windows) in DosBox? Might work better for you.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

no i havnt, my computer is a pentium 3 and i am under the impression it doesnt have enough power to run dosbox

Comment

i used to use dosbox use dosbox myself but just cant stand the delay, i recently aquired a laptop and tried to install colinization - to my suprise it installed and ran fine ive played 3-4 times and took oever evrything and declaed independence and it all ran fine,

i think its something to do with a hotfix that doesnt allow some programs to run

Comment

Working...
                X