Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blender Magazine have just proven once and for all that they know nothing about music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender Magazine have just proven once and for all that they know nothing about music

The authority on kitchen blender appliance for the home or business, providing expert blender reviews to help consumers make the best buying decision.

Top 50 of the worst songs ever...or so they claim.

What it really is, is a top 50 over Blender magazine's favourite aversions - nothing else.

I am not going to go into detail - you can read the article yourself. Suffice it to say that by putting Starship's excellent 1985 song "We built this city" in no. 1 spot, they have discredited the article right there and then.

Worth a good laugh, if nothing else.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

I hate that song
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      I hate that song
      Fine - hate it all you like, but even you must admit, that giving no. 1 spot to a song that more or less epitomizes the feel of an entire decade is incredibly stupid.
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Wow, they're missing a lot of songs. Like anything by Fergie or the Black Eyed Peas.

Or anything by Britney Spears.

Or anything by the Cheeky Girls.

Or anything by...
        B♭3

Comment

WTF is this Fergie person that suddenly gets mentioned all over the place?
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            WTF is this Fergie person that suddenly gets mentioned all over the place?
            An airhead minger who sings about 'London Bridge' whilst the bridge in her video is clearly 'Tower Bridge'.

putting Starship's excellent 1985 song "We built this city"
            Aghaqlaghk!!!!!!!

Give me 'White Rabbit' or 'Somebody To Love' any day.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

An airhead minger who sings about 'London Bridge' whilst the bridge in her video is clearly 'Tower Bridge'.
              Is she hot?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Is she hot?
                In a kind of generic M TV way, yes, I suppose.

My Tower Bridge stayed firmly down, though- as is to be expected.

A bascule bridge (not Lonodn!!!!!) and an airhead minger.
                Attached Files
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

she's fergalicious
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Blender Magazine have just proven once and for all that they know nothing about m

Originally posted by Asmodean
                    Suffice it to say that by putting Starship's excellent 1985 song "We built this city" in no. 1 spot
                    They got that one right.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Daring to claim a Beatle's song is the worst ever disqualifies them from ever being taken seriously. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da is a very dated 60's song but it was very Beatles and was a good song.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ditto for Simon and Garfunkel.

For some other songs, I think they're indisputably right on. But some of them seem to be in the "I, personally, don't like this song, and everyone else does, and that annoys me" vein. And that's not a good way to make a list of bad songs.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Personally, I approve of songs that annoy Jaguar.

Comment

Do you know of any?
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                              Ditto for Simon and Garfunkel.

For some other songs, I think they're indisputably right on. But some of them seem to be in the "I, personally, don't like this song, and everyone else does, and that annoys me" vein. And that's not a good way to make a list of bad songs.
                              Exactly - it is a list of their favourite aversions, more than a serious list of bad songs.

As another poster wrote...if it really is a list of the 50 worst songs ever, why is Britney Spears not represented. Or Kylie Minogue for that matter.

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
                              X