5th graders caught having sex in classroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th graders caught having sex in classroom

NEW ORLEANS - Five fifth-grade students face criminal charges after authorities said four of them had sex in front of other students in an unsupervised classroom and kept a classmate posted as a lookout for teachers.

The students were arrested Tuesday at the Spearsville school in rural north Louisiana, authorities said. Two 11-year-old girls, a 12-year-old boy and a 13-year old boy were charged with obscenity, a felony. An 11-year-old boy, the alleged guard, was charged with being an accessory.

"After 44 years of doing this work, nothing shocks me anymore," said Union Parish Sheriff Bob Buckley. "But this comes pretty close."

Authorities said the incident happened March 27 at the school, which houses students from kindergarten through 12th grade. A high school teacher normally watches the fifth-grade class at the time, but went to an assembly for older students and the class was inadvertently left unattended, Buckley said.

The class, which had around 10 other students, was alone for about 15 minutes, he said.

"When no teacher showed up, the four began to have sex in the classroom with the other elementary students in the classroom with them," he said.

It took a day for authorities to find out about the incident. A student who had been in the class told a high school student about it the next day, Buckley said. The student told a teacher, and school officials notified the sheriff's office. Detectives began questioning students Thursday.

School officials did not return calls seeking comment.

The students, who were not identified because of their age, were released to their parents after their arrests, Buckley said. They will next be arraigned in juvenile court. A message seeking comment from the district attorney was not immediately returned.

Buckley said it was unclear what the children could face in penalties.

Children - never let them have a moment for themselfs - otherwise orgies is guaranteed
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

see post #12. granted the thread was about something else, but I threadjacked it slightly.

Comment

15 minutes? Does remind me of my time at that age though

Funny that your mind would start working on these things long before your body does, let alone your social aptness

Comment

They're pretty old fifth graders. Fifth graders are ususally 9 or 10. The fact tatht they're 11, 12, and 13 says something about their mental abilities and their judgement.
          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Even though plenty of 5th graders are sexually active this story seems fishy. I think the kids who reported it made it up as a joke.

Comment

What are you talking about - fifth graders usually are 11-13 yo.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Geronimo, you have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                  What are you talking about - fifth graders usually are 11-13 yo.
                  A 13 year old fifth grader has problems. Most 13 year olds are in 8th grade here in the U.S.

Comment

I was 10 years old in the 5th grade. If your birthday was late in the school year you could be 11. Other than that, you'd have to be held back a couple of grades to be 12 or older.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      I was 10 years old in the 5th grade. If your birthday was late in the school year you could be 11. Other than that, you'd have to be held back a couple of grades to be 12 or older.
                      Exactly. I was 10 in fifth grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

A 13 year old fifth grader has problems. Most 13 year olds are in 8th grade here in the U.S.
                        Well, I guess it all depends. Here school starts when you becomes 6.

Admitted, a 13 yo in fifth, is very rare.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                          Geronimo, you have no idea.
                          meaning what?

All 10 of the kids are likely frequently having sex. I have trouble believing that 4 out of 10 were exhibitionists of this sort when sober.

Why is it easier to believe the kids story than that they made it up?

It would have been easier for those 4 to leave class and have sex somewhere more comfortable. Why would they want to risk getting interrupted by their teacher?

the possible motives for the accusers making up the whole story are much clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                            15 minutes? Does remind me of my time at that age though

Funny that your mind would start working on these things long before your body does, let alone your social aptness
                            You were having sex at 11? That's pretty early in my book.

I played doctor with a little neighbor girl when I was 6 or so. We didn't understand sex, but we were curious about what each other had. I ddin't have my first sexual encounter until I was 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

You were having sex at 11? That's pretty early in my book.

I played doctor with a little neighbor girl when I was 6 or so. We didn't understand sex, but we were curious about what each other had. I ddin't have my first sexual encounter until I was 15.
                              actually I would find this sex in the classroom accusation easier to believe if they had all been 6 years old or younger.

By the time they are in 5th grade they will have moved beyond innocent curiosity and will act according to most of the same inhibitions and motivations as adults and teens.

If alcohol was involved it would be more plausible but it seems unlikely the teacher wouldn't have noticed 4 students drunk off their arses.

It's possible this happened as described but if I had to bet money I'd say it's a fabrication motivated by those with one or more axes to grind. Kids know perfectly well how seriously adults would take that story.

Comment

Working...
                              X