Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I snorted my father....

Stones guitarist: 'I snorted my father'

LONDON (Reuters) - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards said in an interview published on Tuesday that he once snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

Richards, 63, whose fondness for drugs has been openly acknowledged for decades, was quoted by music magazine NME as saying his unusual experiment with paternally enhanced cocaine came after his father's death five years ago.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated, and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow," Richards said in the interview, which was posted on NME's Web site.
    Photo

"My dad wouldn't have cared," Richards said, adding, "It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

An NME spokeswoman told Reuters the story was genuine and not a late April Fool's joke. She said the interview would appear on newsstands across the nation starting on Wednesday.

According to the report, Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002 at the age of 84.

The veteran rocker, who underwent emergency head surgery in New Zealand last year after falling off a tree stump, also took a swipe at some of the big musical acts of today.

"Everyone's a load of crap," he said. "They are trying to be somebody else and they ain't being themselves. Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party? Load of crap, load of crap. Posers, rubbish."

Richards said he was proud of his ability to survive despite the excesses of a rock 'n' roll lifestyle.

"I was number one on the 'Who's Likely To Die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list.

"Some doctor told me I had six months to live and I went to their funeral."
    Photo

Richards' publicist in London was not immediately available for comment on the interview.
    WTF!

bleh

When Cartman mixed Kenny's ashes in his chocolate milk, he ended up being possessed by Kenny's soul.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

cremation kind of creeps me out.

I always wondered if when I spread my fathers ashes, and I inhaled the dust, would that make me a cannibal?

In the end, my brother spread my fathers ashes.

breathing in general creeps me out. I don't like the thought of inhaling gases from people's rectums, skin flakes and dandruff of other people, and of course, ashes from dead bodies.

Like dust mites, it's best not to think about these things.

Comment

fell off a tree stump.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          When Cartman mixed Kenny's ashes in his chocolate milk, he ended up being possessed by Kenny's soul.
          No embedded YouTube flick? What's wrong with you?

Comment

It happens over two whole episodes
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I read that before. Or maybe someone else did that too.

Comment

That is one of the single sickest depraved things I've read in some time.

****ing hell
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The family of a friend of mine accidentally left Grandpa's ashes in the trunk of the rental car when they returned it after the memorial service.

No one's seen Grandpa since.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                    That is one of the single sickest depraved things I've read in some time.

****ing hell
                    Guys. I think he was joking

Comment

He might have been. He's known for having a warped sense of humor.

On the other hand, he's known for being warped.

Comment

his guys have said he was joking

Comment

And Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with "that woman." What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            And Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with "that woman." What's your point?
                            that ozzy was overreacting to something that has about a 0.0001% chance of being true

Comment

with HIM!? much higher chance of it being true.

Comment

Working...
                              X