• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voip software for calling phones

post your suggestions (beyond skype)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Are there other types of phones than calling ones?

edit: ooops, ok, my bad.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

whats skype?

and voip?

sorry but i seriously dont know
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I use Voip at home. $25 U.S. with unlimited long distance, caller I.D. and messages.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          Are there other types of phones than calling ones?

edit: ooops, ok, my bad.
          as opposed to computers

Comment

What's wrong with Skype? And using actual phones to call phones?
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

You use an "actual phone" using Voip.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                What's wrong with Skype?
                i lost a whole 5 euros on their "pro" service which they "neglected" to note that it's only availiable on a small number of countries (e.g. not greece)

And using actual phones to call phones?
                it's much cheaper to call greece when i'm in abroad (which is quite often the last year)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  i lost a whole 5 euros on their "pro" service which they "neglected" to note that it's only availiable on a small number of countries (e.g. not greece)
                  Why the hell would you assume anything cutting edge is available in Greece? Really?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Very interesting. When I go to the Skype Pro page http://www.skype.com/intl/en/products/skypepro/ what I get is:

Unfortunately, Skype Pro is not available in your country - it is currently only available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

I don't think it would even let me sign up unless I use a proxy to mask my Latvian IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Why the hell would you assume anything cutting edge is available in Greece? Really?
                      it's not cutting edge, it's a scam

they advertise zero cost calls to landlines but dont mention almost anywhere on their site that it's for calls inside a country. e.g. if you're in UK to UK phones, if you're in germany to german phones. if you travel to a differet country you can call that country's phones but not your own...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        it's not cutting edge, it's a scam
                        A program from the makers of KAZAAAAA?? A SCAMMM?? OOOOOOOOOO God, who'dathunkit.

Least you were dumb enough to fork over money.

I have some money stuck in nigeria you can help me with..
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Very interesting. When I go to the Skype Pro page http://www.skype.com/intl/en/products/skypepro/ what I get is:
                          yeah, this didnt exist in the first days it opened

Comment

Why SkyePro anyway Markos? You can use SkypeOut from any country AFAIU, and it's fairly cheap.

Comment

Why SkyePro anyway Markos? You can use SkypeOut from any country AFAIU, and it's fairly cheap.
                              zero > cheap

i can use it these days that i'm in the Netherlands but i dont know that many dutch people
                              perhaps i'll start calling locutus 4 times a day till next wednesday

Comment

Working...
                              X