Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tileimp: error messages

Hi,

I finished creating my Roman Road, an after some initial problems popping up (didn't pay enough attention typing some stuff in, replacing a " with a 3, giving all sorts of problems) I managed to get the game running without hickups.

Strange thing is, my map looks completely weird tileimp-whise. Wonders are strewn all over the place, shopping malls replace farms etc etc

I added the graphics for Roman Road to E's tileset, beginning with number 900 and going up to 917 - basicly copying this numbering system from roads. The 900 range was the only one which I'm sure was available. Made the necessary references in AOM_tileimp.txt

What did I do wrong?

Greetz

Tellius
    Last edited by Tellius; March 25, 2007, 13:38.
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

you ran into something caught early on. there seems to be a tileset index limit of 880. whebever i did the 900s i had those problems
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

E,

Am I forced to begin a Transport-type imp with a multiple of 100 (i.e. road begins at 200 up to 217, railroad at 300 up to 317 and so on) or can I start where I find some room (for instance from 768 upward)?

If this is not possible, I'm going to have to delete Call to Conquest imps Why oh why do your Call to Conquest imp numbers jump up and downs so much
      Can't find room to breathe

What do you suggest?

Tellius
      Last edited by Tellius; March 25, 2007, 14:18.

Comment

yeah roads have to be 100 series. my tileimps jump around so much because the apolyton tilefile jumped and i did mine over a two year period and added them as i thought of them. originally i removed the original ctp2 ones (redoing the irrigation tileimps with mine) but some people couldnt tell what was up. so ikept them for overall compatibility but its your option to remove them.

so the best thing is to delete those that you aren't likely to use there are a lot of excess there.

EDIT: also i recommend you and walter start a FAQ as you go through these issues. I wish I did. that way we can save these questions for any future modders to find answers.

Comment

E,

Walter and I were hoping, once finished, to upload the tileset to Apolyton. It would therefore be very usefull to save your tileimps.

Any possibility you could re-number 700-717 or 800-817? Would it be too much of a hassle?

Tellius

Comment

feel free to renumber what you need to. its easy for me to change the tileimp.txt - far easier than the tile file. So I'll just adjust off you guys - and stone roads are a nice touch (I wish they had freeways/autobahns too)

EDIT: also i recommend you and walter start a FAQ as you go through these issues. I wish I did. that way we can save these questions for any future modders to find answers.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks E, I'll keep track of what tiles I had to move around - there's plenty of space left.

I'll begin writing down what I learn along the way. I remember from my first try-outs, that turning off anti-alias for all your photoshop tools was a big must. You get all kinds of ugly fuzzy edges around your cities, imps, whatever you make.

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

E,

The 700 range doesn't work, nor does the 800 range.

conclusion: it is NOT possible to simply add any more transport type imps Must be something in the source code I think, since all txt files that needed changing have been changed, and upon rereading them, no obvious errors can be found (those should give error messages when starting the game anyway).

All my work down the drain, damn, maybe the AE will allow for a bit more room to manoevre.

Greetz

Tellius
                Last edited by Tellius; March 25, 2007, 15:36.

Comment

tellius, just for testing sake atleast replace the 600 series (i believe thats the maglev) ones just to make sure its not a txt issue. from a troubleshooting perspective i'd go from replacing the maglev set graphically and tileimp wise then progress to the next 100 series. working backward might be working against you in this case.

edit: I'm trying to track down where i saw the adding a road thread but in the meantime here are these threads for help too:

Last edited by Ekmek; March 26, 2007, 00:24.

Comment

Hi,

Diagnostics test. I used all the altered txt files, but an unaltered tilefile. Started up a savegame (long before discovery of Iron Working and thus stone roads) and yet again, all tile imps were messed up. Stonehenge was now pyramids, farms became shopping malls...

Maybe I can't just drop a new tileimp in AOM_tileimp.txt and adjust numbering, maybe you can only add tileimp at the end of the file? I put it between road and railroad, and adjusted the numbering accordingly.

I have no idea if this gives any usefull info.

Walter seems to think there is some txt file where classes are defined; if so, that must be changed too. But even if this is the case, it doesn't account for the strange tileimp behaviour.

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

save game i sthe problem. you need to do a new game for radical changes, i believe

classes are defined in the code though. what was his issue with classes (its easy to add new ones but i think it messes up the columns)

Comment

My issue with the class is the following:

I observed, that changing the level of the roads, does as good as nothing, as it only shows the Roads (level 1), Railroads (level 2), Maglev (level 3) ingame. And if you change the class to structure, like Stancarp did with the hydroponic farms, they are not "classified" as roads anymore. So I think there may be no other way to make a new class for the Stoneroads.
                        By the way this observation were already done by IW. I saw it in the Forum you linked.

Walter

Comment

Hi,

So that can be added to the 'AE wish list'... If this class restriction is not in any txt file, it's in the source code. Maybe a nice thought if any of the coders has any time left (yeah right, the coders have plenty of time for such eyecandy requests

Other things I'm hoping for

* upon completion of a research, get the option to research any advance you are entitled to, not just what the game happens to propose.

* being able to build migrants/nomads/settlers either from the population or the slaves of a city (maybe a 'normal' migrant and a 'slave' migrant in the build queue)

* bigger sized tiles

* bigger sized tiles

* bigger sized tiles - or did I already mention this? Maybe Stan could do his AOM contest. First price: the absolute privilege to program a new TileEdit in Delphi to become one of the CtP AE Immortals.

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

Originally posted by Tellius

* upon completion of a research, get the option to research any advance you are entitled to, not just what the game happens to propose.
                            If I'm understanding you right, this can already be done.

In const.txt the lines:

ADVANCE_CHOICES_MIN 4
                            ADVANCE_CHOICES_MAX 6
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

since you guys have tileimp source questions. here is what the db is. I could paste a link but i think i can fit all this:

Code:
                              #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              #
                              #  Project      : Call To Power 2
                              #  File type    : DbGen input
                              #  Description  : Terrain improvement record definition
                              #  Id           : $Id:$
                              #
                              #
                              #  Disclaimer
                              #
                              #  THIS FILE IS NOT GENERATED OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.
                              #
                              #  This material has been developed at apolyton.net by the Apolyton CtP2 
                              #  Source Code Project. Contact the authors at [email]ctp2source@apolyton.net[/email].
                              #
                              #
                              #  Modifications from the original Activision code:
                              #
                              #  - Sound                 : Added for construction sound like in CTP1. (Martin Gühmann)
                              #  - Freight               : Tileimp gives new trade freight costs for its 
                              #                            cell for trade routing. (Martin Gühmann)
                              #  - GovernmentsModified   : Added for tielimp government modification.
                              #  - DisplayLevel          : Tileimp is forced to be displayed on a certain 
                              #                            level of tileimps at its location to support 
                              #                            visible wonders. (E)
                              #  - CantPillage           : Tileimp cannot be pillaged to support visible wonders. (E)
                              #  - GovernmentType        : Tileimp can only be built under the given government (E)
                              #  - CultureOnly           : Tileimp can only be researched if civ has a certain citystyle (E)
                              #  - IsRestrictedToGood    : Tileimp can only be built on a certain good. (E)
                              #  - Added bit Wonder for visible wonders in
                              #    - Class                 (FutureUse)(by E)
                              #    - Excludes              (FutureUse)(by E)
                              #  - Added bit Urban for city sprawl in
                              #    - Class                 (FutureUse)(by E)
                              #    - Excludes              (FutureUse)(by E)
                              #  - NeedsWorker           : Tileimp needs worker unit on its square to be built. (FutureUse) (E)
                              #  - NeedsWaterSupply      : Tileimp Can only be build on rivers or adjacent to 
                              #                            rivers or other tileimps with flag IsWaterSupply (FutureUse) (E)
                              #  - PlantGood             : Tileimp is replaced by a good on construction completion (FutureUse) (E)
                              #  - Enablesgood in Effect : Tileimp is replaced by a good on construction 
                              #                            completion according to the position's terrain type (FutureUse)(E)
                              #  - Added CanUpgrade flag for terrain dependent upgrading (Dec 24th 2006 Martin Gühmann)
                              #

TerrainImprovement {
                              	Bits Class {
                              		Farm,
                              		Road,
                              		Mine,
                              		ATM,
                              		OceanFarm,
                              		OceanMine,
                              		OceanATM,
                              		OceanRoad,
                              		Structure1,
                              		Structure2,
                              		LandDetector,
                              		OceanDetector,
                              		Terraform,
                              		Wonder,             // For visible wonders (E)
                              		Urban               // For future Urban Sprawl (E)
                              	}

Bits Excludes {
                              		Farm,
                              		Road,
                              		Mine,
                              		ATM,
                              		OceanFarm,
                              		OceanMine,
                              		OceanATM,
                              		OceanRoad,
                              		Structure1,
                              		Structure2,
                              		LandDetector,
                              		OceanDetector,
                              		Terraform,
                              		Wonder,            // For visible wonders (E)
                              		Urban              // For future Urban Sprawl (E)
                              	}

Bits CanSee {
                              		Standard,
                              		Underwater,
                              		Stealth,
                              		UnusedBit3,
                              		UnusedBit4,
                              		UnusedBit5,
                              		UnusedBit6,
                              		UnusedBit7,
                              		UnusedBit8,
                              		UnusedBit9,
                              		UnusedBit10,
                              		UnusedBit11,
                              		UnusedBit12,
                              		UnusedBit13,
                              		UnusedBit14,
                              		UnusedBit15
                              	}

Struct Effect {
                              		Record Terrain[] Terrain
                              		Bit(Int) BonusFood
                              		Bit(Int) BonusProduction
                              		Bit(Int) BonusGold
                              		Bit(Int) MoveCost
                              		Bit(Int) Freight                    // For trade routing (Martin Gühmann)
                              		Bit Radar
                              		Bit NeedsWorker                     // FutureUse - can't build unless IsWorker unit is on square
                              		Bit Airport

Bit Colony                          // FU (future use)
                              		Bit Fort                            // FU
                              		Bit Urban                           // FU
                              		Bit Installation                    // FU
                              		Bit DeniedToEnemy                   // FU
                              		Bit(Int) BonusFoodExport                // installation gives a food modifier
                              		Bit(Int) BonusProductionExport          // Installation Gives PW
                              		Bit(Int) BonusGoldExport                // Installation gives Gold
                              		Bit(Int) FranchiseProduction			// Exports production value as a franchise to pay mil costs 		
                              		Bit CanBeCaptured                   // FU
                              		Bit CanUpgrade                      // FU
                              		Bit(Float) Minefield                // FU
                              		Record TerrainImprovement[]     GrowsToImprovement
                              		Bit(Int) TurnsToGrowth

Bit ListeningPost
                              		Bit Endgame
                              		Bit(Int) VisionRange
                              		Bit(Int) RadarRange
                              		Bit(Float) DefenseBonus
                              		Record CityStyle[] CultureOnly      // Can only build imps if civ has certain citystyle
                              		Record Advance EnableAdvance
                              		Record Advance[] ObsoleteAdvance
                              		Int ProductionCost
                              		Record Resource[] EnablesGood       // Having a TI gives a city a good
                              		Bit(Int) GoldHunger                 // FU
                              		Bit(Int) GoldCost                   // FU
                              		Int BonusScience = 0                // Tileimps can give a city science points
                              		Int HappyInc = 0                    // Allows tileimps to add (or subtract) happiness
                              		Int ProductionTime
                              		Int TilesetIndex
                              		#not implemented by maybe later
                              		Int   EnergyHunger = 0
                              		Int   ProducesEnergy = 0
                              	}

#Added Sound by Martin Gühmann
                              	Record Sound Sound
                              	Record Terrain[] CantBuildOn
                              	Record Government[] GovernmentsModified
                              	Record CityStyle[] CultureOnly          // Can only build imps if civ has certain citystyle (E)
                              	Record Government[] GovernmentType      // A copy of unit Government type code (E)
                              	Record Resource[] IsRestrictedToGood    // Can only build imps if tile has good (E)
                              	Record Resource[] EnablesGood           // Having a TI gives a city a good (E)
                              	Bit(Struct Effect) Effect
                              	Struct Effect[] TerrainEffect
                              	Bit DeniedToEnemy                       // FU
                              	Bit CanExportTileValue                  // New Colony code (E)
                              	Bit CanExportGood                       // New Colony code (E)
                              	Bit CanExportTileValueRadius
                              	Record TerrainImprovement[]     PrerequisiteTileImp
                              	Bit IsCanal								//FU

Record Icon Icon
                              	#MDS 090800 not sure about this, trying to add 2 new fields...
                              	StringId Tooltip
                              	StringId Statusbar

Int Level # If a farm, is it farm 1, farm 2, farm 3?  same thing for any type.
                              	Int[] ConstructionTiles

Bit(Record Terrain) TerraformTerrain # Only meaningful if Class == Terraform
                              	Bit(Int) Column # ignored except for terraforms

Bit(Int) IntBorderRadius
                              	Bit(Int) SquaredBorderRadius
                              	Bit(Int) MoveBonus
                              	Bit      Colony                         // sends good every turn to a city
                              	// moved to effects
                              	//Bit(Int) BonusFoodExport                // not implemented
                              	//Bit(Int) BonusProductionExport          // Installation Gives PW
                              	//Bit(Int) BonusGoldExport                // Installation gives Gold
                              	//Bit(Int) FranchiseProduction			// Exports production value as a franchise to pay mil costs 
                              	Bit NeedsIrrigation                     // FU Can only be build on rivers or adjacent to rivers or other tileimps with flag IsWaterSupply

Bit GLHidden

# Display level (0 = ground level = under roads, > 0 = on top of roads)
                              	Int DisplayLevel = 0
                              	# Pillage prevention
                              	Bit CantPillage                         // Tileimp cannot be pillaged (E)
                              	Bit SpawnsBarbarians                    // Spawns Barbarians
                              	Bit CanBuildAlly						// can be built in ally territory
                              	Bit CanBuildWasteland					// can be nuilt in unclaimed land, to connect cities
                              	Bit CanUpgrade

#Energy Code
                              	Int   EnergyHunger = 0
                              	Int   ProducesEnergy = 0
                              }

Comment

Working...
                              X