No announcement yet.

Adding a tileimp: harder than it looks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.Wow that is just beyond anything I have seen in any of the civilizatiion games.Polar region looks like a painting.Nice work.Is this going to added to the playtest version of CtP2?

Comment

Ah, there it is, we obviously have or wires crossed

By the way, I also used civ3 cities, but I found once they grow a bit, they overlap the surrounding terrain. I downsized them 85% from original Civ3 size.

Greetz

Tellius
      Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

Hello,
        didn´t recoginize that you are online.
        Had some problems uploading the Screenies, the were too large. But I think the point is clear, so forget about the third.
        For the enabling advance: Historically we have two options.
        First the Persian, but since we have no advance which is conneceted to them I would choose Iron Working, which gives us the Legion Unit. And Since the Roman Empire built so many "Stone Roads", to move their armies from one part of the empire to the other, I think that would be historically correct possibility. What do think. And wouldn´t it give us enough time before researching the Dark Ages?

Comment

Hi,

Yep, Iron Working is a better choice indeed. Gives you more time to build those beauties. Stone roads are ideal 'classical times' highways for your empire!

Just drop me a mail if you like to have a look at my tileimp, I think I'm finished tinkering with the tileimps.

Now I would like to change the desert and polar mountains (swap them with Stan's), use swamps with more obvious bodies of water and have more variety in mountains/hills. I have to figure out tilerules first - you have me beat on that, and you already have more variety in mountains and hills.

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

By the way, if it´s not too many inconvenience for you, please send me your Tileset. I tried to make a latifundia myself, so the look roman like. But with my meager skills I was not able to do that.

Comment

Okay, I´ll send you my Set, so you can have a look into the rules. This is going to be fun, since I have just a dial up modem.

Comment

Tellius,
                do you have tinkered the files already?

Comment

Hi,

I'll send you my set tomorrow morning (really early, I get up at 4am) so I can get a look first at my work. Don't want to send anything embarrassing I've made things that look great in photoshop and even in tileedit, but just don't work ingame.

One of those is my quary. The mineshaft is the very first actual mine, so I thought that the mine as it appears in AOM is actually a quary. After two hours of work I came up with a beautifull quary, but it doesn't work ingame. It's still in there though, I don't have a replacement yet.

I included a zip whit some examples - for instance the latifundia and the quary.

See you tomorrow!

Greetz

Tellius
                  Attached Files

Comment

Walter,
                    you got the origianl civ3 hills working that i really couldn't, GREAT WORK!

I do see the green square shape around the hills. the best way to minimize that is add black to it but if you see in my tileset different sides have different types of 'black' 0,0,0 - 0,0,8 - 0,0,16 etc and those numbers tell the borders what tile to copy from

GREAT WORK BOTH OF YOU!

Tellius I still thin if you minimize the bryce stuff it could stil look decent in the normal .til (atleast as a stop gap until we figure out a 300% ctp2)
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi,

Here's a pic of the tile imps after having tinkered with them.

* adjusted the orientation of advanced farms - when placed next to a regular farm, they didn't lign up nicely
                      * added a lift-cogwheel to the advanced farm
                      * made my first latifundia, not sure if it's the definitive version
                      * made a final choice about my trading post. I had others that looked better, but they did so only in photoshop and tileedit, once ingame, the result was disappointing. This one is small enough.

Maybe we can combine our tilesets (your beautifull hills, our combined tileimps and the terrain work still to be done) into one and ask for an upload onto apolyton? Maybe there's enough interest for it...

I'll upload a second small picture with town and goodie huts.

Tellius
                      Attached Files

Comment

Town (or village, I get them mixed up all the time).
                        Attached Files

Comment

and one goodiehut (the other one is just like this one, just some slightly different buildings, trees, houses)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Tellius I still thin if you minimize the bryce stuff it could stil look decent in the normal .til (atleast as a stop gap until we figure out a 300% ctp2)
                            I asked Walter to send me his tileset (I sent him mine already), I'll have a look at his altered ruleset. If I can figure out how they work, I'll make up a bunch of cool looking mountains and polar mountains and add them.

Tellius

Comment

Hello,

sorry for my absence yesterday, but I felt Offline. Nothing unusual for me, but I couldn´t get back, which didn´t happen for years.

Tellius I´ll send u my Set this evening, as I´m now at work.
                              Agreed. Let´s see what the outcome is, if we combine the Sets.
                              See you later,
                              Greetings,
                              Walter

Comment

Hi,

Looking forward to it Walter!

Any chance you know how to change the stacking order of tileimps? I hate it when roads go óver mines, quaries, pastures etc. Ruins the effect of some of the tileimps. I'd like roads to go under all other imps. Clicking on mapinfo will tell me movement cost, so it's not a big deal you won't be able to see roads immediately.

Another thing. AOMIV does not use the 'work in progress' tileimps by default, it chooses tileimp 1 for many imps by default. You have to change one of the tileimp.txt files (there's several). Each improvement has three 'under construction' graphics, and they are now almost always '1' - whereas plain vanilla CtP2 uses a lot more of the work in progress graphics. Funny to see how - for a farm - a worker first irrigates the land, then grows some stuff, and eventually creates a fully finished farm.

Greetz

Tellius

Comment

Working...
                                X