3 Toyota 15.78

4 Mitsubishi 17.04

5 Kia 17.39

6 Subaru 18.46

7 Nissan 18.86

8 Lexus 20.05

9 Mini 21.90

10 Citroën 25.98

* Number of mechanical failures reported by policy holders for every 100 vehicles aged between three and nine years old.

Huh. That's odd. Where are the American brands, Oerdin?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I don't see the Pekka on that list. It must be fake.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Mazda and subaru

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Automotorportal? Never heard of them.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I believe that is a European site thus most of the models offered in the US don't appear on that list. Looking under the brand Chevrolet shows several Korean made Daewoos which aren't sold in the US/Canada but virtually none of the US models.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            And you're a reference? It's not because you dont know the site/company/survey that its biased.

I truly believe, based on having worked in/on cars, on everything that I read on cars, of all the cars I fixed and drove, that american cars have the least overall quality, driving wise, and in performance/handling, hp per displacement and reliability.

Even in pick-ups Toyota makes better, stronger (with less gas consumption) trucks than any other american car company. The only reason american companies keep selling them is because of patriotic ignorant americans.

Spec.
            Last edited by Spec; March 16, 2007, 11:56.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Given that we've had numerous threads about quality in the past and "automotorportal" has never once been a refrence in the past it is fair to say they aren't a major ranking company. In fact I bet most people haven't heard of them so they're likely some small fry with an unknown bias.

Thanks but I'll stick to the major ranking companies of known reputation.

Comment

I don't believe there are Citroën's in North America.
                Last edited by Nostromo; March 16, 2007, 12:10.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Not since the late 1980's. They failed out of the market along with just about every non-Luxury European make for having extremely poor reliability.

Comment

So is that the most reliable cars sold in the world, or just in Europe?
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      Automotorportal is the site where Asher found the news; the source is Warranty Direct at

warrantydirect.com
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Is that a reputable organization in Europe? I ask because it only seems to cover cars on sale in Europe.

Comment

Just google.

The source is Warranty Direct.

Warranty Direct is the consumer division of one of the largest independent warranty providers in the United States. We are a 26 year old company with the experience of nearly 2 million contracts sold and over $500,000,000 in paid claims. In addition to offering our coverage direct to consumers, over 2,200 manufacturers, car dealers, banks and credit unions choose to market our coverage.

The site that reported the article is based in Europe, OH NOEZZZ!!!!
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

We all know about European engineering...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              We all know about European engineering...
                              Yea, it freakin rules.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X