• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 police officers killed in India

What a group of ****forbrains.

By ASHOK SHARMA, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 39 minutes ago

NEW DELHI, India - Communist rebels armed with rifles, hand grenades and petrol bombs attacked a police post in the jungles of eastern India on Thursday, killing at least 49 officers, police said.

The pre-dawn attack Thursday was the latest in a series of increasingly bold assaults by the rebels, who have been fighting for more than two decades in central and eastern India's long-impoverished hinterlands.

Equipped with rifles, hand grenades and homemade petrol bombs, the insurgents appeared to have caught the 79 officers guarding the remote post by surprise, Swarnkar said. Another 12 officers were wounded in the attack.

The post is located in the state of Chattisgarh, nearly 930 miles southeast of New Delhi.

Before fleeing with weapons stolen from the police post, the attackers scattered land mines around the area, Swarnkar said. By midday, police reinforcements had reached the post and were fanning out into the jungle to search for the attackers.

Rebel operations have become increasingly bold over the past two years — and increasingly deadly.

In March 2006, insurgents detonated land mines under four trucks carrying villagers in Chattisgarh, killing 25 people. Days later, they seized a passenger train for 12 hours in the neighboring state of Jharkhand — a well-coordinated operation that highlighted their capabilities, even if no one was killed.

Those assaults — and dozens of other attacks — have prompted Indian officials to describe the rebels, know as the Naxalites for the Naxalbari region where the movement was born, as a major internal security threat.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh went even further in an April 2006 speech, describing the insurgents as "the single biggest internal security challenge ever faced by our country."

More than 6,000 people — police, soldiers, and civilians — have been killed since the rebels launched their campaign from the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh more than two decades ago.

The rebels, who claim to be inspired by Chinese revolutionary Mao Zedong, demand land and jobs for agricultural laborers and the poor. They are mainly active in six of India's 28 states — Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Karnataka, Orissa and Chattisgarh.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

What do you think that outpost was for?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
      What do you think that outpost was for?
      I'd be interested to know what you think it was for.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Communists are a weapon of mass destruction. If you want to bring a country down, plant communists in the countryside.

Comment

That's not far from true. A sign of rot that needs to be carved out, before the rot spreads.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Maybe if they had smelled like roses, this wouldn't have happened.
            B♭3

Comment

Yeah. Like I'm clicking a secret link you post. No way, Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

I'd be interested to know what you think it was for.
                For donuts?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  That's not far from true. A sign of rot that needs to be carved out, before the rot spreads.
                  They are the sign of rot, but soceity is the rot. Just like a Texan to remove the sign.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that communists still exist in this day and age. They just won't ever give up. A disease that never seems to completely go away and must be constantly treated.

Comment

Originally posted by Drixnak
                      It never ceases to amaze me that communists still exist in this day and age. They just won't ever give up. A disease that never seems to completely go away and must be constantly treated.
                      Why wouldn't they be communists?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Yeah. Like I'm clicking a secret link you post. No way, Jose.
                        I'll admit, it is from that horrid liberal bastion, Reuters.

B♭3

Comment

Communism is a disgusting blight upon humanity. It brings everyone down to one very low level. The only people who are communists in this day and age are those who are using it as a political tool, those too ignorant and deprived to realize what it does when enacted, and people who are weak and desire those above them to be brought down to their level rather than using their own abilities to rise up in society.

Comment

Originally posted by Drixnak
                            Communism is a disgusting blight upon humanity. It brings everyone down to one very low level. The only people who are communists in this day and age are those who are using it as a political tool, those too ignorant and deprived to realize what it does when enacted, and people who are weak and desire those above them to be brought down to their level rather than using their own abilities to rise up in society.
                            How is getting land and jobs bringing everyone down to their level?

Comment

Commies Showing true colours again.. red as in blood.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X