No announcement yet.

Does New Zealand have good beaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one SnOOpy, I hope you don't mind if I add it to my collection for future use......
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Auckland is at a similar latitude to Seville, Sicily and Athens but no where near as hot. The huge expanses of surrounding water moderate the temperatures in all seasons. Not too hot in summer, not too cold in winter. It does get very humid in summer, and the sun is very strong as we haven't got too much ozone protection.

The weather can be real unpredictable too. All four seasons in one day........

Climate change - NZ style
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Well, it ain't half humid in Auckland!! And not always pleasant, especially when there is no aircon at work!

BTW, Sn00py, that picture from space is really amazing!!
        Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
        Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
          Yes

The well known resort of Aberystwyth, New Zealand...

I'm surprised none of you Kiwis picked up on this...

IIRC the beaches around the Bay of Islands were very nice and the water was warm because they are very secluded and reasonably shallow. The ones round Abel Tasman (1st time I had sex on the beach!) are also awesome with relatively warm water due to the seclusion afforded by Farewell spit, and the fact that there is a very warm microclimate around the Nelson area...

NZ has tons of lovely beaches around both islands, but many do suffer from relatively cold water because of the prevailing currents from Antarctica.
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I knew I hadn't seen any beaches like that in NZ before!!!!
            Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
            Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Web link in bottom left corner of second image kind of gave it away too........

Comment

Thanks MOBIUS, too much information about Abel Tasman there; and sounds like you have spoiled the beach for good, thanks for that!

FeMme, a NZ gal in Apolyton? This is a rare sight, when did you join and what boards do you post on? (No I'm not looking, besides, I am currently living in Singapore!).

High Resolution Pic of South Island from Space (2mb)
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  Thanks MOBIUS, too much information about Abel Tasman there; and sounds like you have spoiled the beach for good, thanks for that!
                  Just watch out for the wet patch...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I found the beaches up in the Bay of Islands region and Coromandel peninsula (North Island) to be nice enough, and it was fairly warm, despite it being in late March. Not hot, but warm enough to go swimming. The water was warm.

Mostly the temps were in the 70s (F).

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

The well known resort of Aberystwyth, New Zealand...

I'm surprised none of you Kiwis picked up on this...

IIRC the beaches around the Bay of Islands were very nice and the water was warm because they are very secluded and reasonably shallow. The ones round Abel Tasman (1st time I had sex on the beach!) are also awesome with relatively warm water due to the seclusion afforded by Farewell spit, and the fact that there is a very warm microclimate around the Nelson area...

NZ has tons of lovely beaches around both islands, but many do suffer from relatively cold water because of the prevailing currents from Antarctica.

Took a while..
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

then
                        You don't fool me - that's not NZ, that's Aberystwyth!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's all been done..

Look how clean the sea looks without Hull p*** in it
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It's the Manc piss you have to worry about
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Taranaki has some pretty good surf (surf highway 45) and then an hours drive away is Mt. Taranaki where you can go snowboarding.

Abel Tasman is gorgeous.

PS:I have a pic of myself picking the nose of those massive wooden face thingies
                              When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                                It's the Manc piss you have to worry about
                                I don't believe I ever did piss in the sea... maybe off the promenade onto the beach though..
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X