• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does New Zealand have good beaches?

I just watched on tv an AD whose slogan was

Nueva Zelanda, playa y nieve

"New Zealand, beach and snow"

which showed a couple going there for vacations, the dude snowboarding while his wife sun bathes on the beach, and the woman can actually see the mountain with snow from the sandy beach (that may be fake I think)

So, how is it?
    I always thought NZ was temperate, but rather humid and cold.

Do they have problems with sharks like in Australia?
    I need a foot massage

Yes

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

If I sit on that it frozens my ass
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
          If I sit on that it frozens my ass
          then
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I see no snow in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              I see no snow in that.
              You're not looking hard enough.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Abel Tasman anyone?
                Attached Files
                be free

Comment

btw Brachy-Pride, there are certain spots (probably Abel Tasman actually) where you can sun-bathe on the beach and in the distance (on a clear day) see snow capped mountains.

No shark problems, very rare. They prefer the more fish like taste of Aussie people.
                  be free

Comment

One of my favourite pix.

I drew a box where Abel Tasman is located. Right down the right side of the South Island is the backbone of New Zealand, The Southern Alps (where the snow capped mountains are). So like I said, from Abel Tasman, there may be snow capped mountains visible, but I'm not sure they are good skiing spots.
                    Attached Files
                    be free

Comment

Are your stingrays nicer than the Australian ones?
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Don't have any.

The only posionous living thing we have in NZ is Jenny Shipley.

Swimming in NZ Beaches is as safe as swimming in a kiddies pool. Of course beware of Rips and sinkholes. (Loose sand, usually around rivers and lagoons). I stepped in one once when I was young, and as soon as you step in it, you instantly drop about 3 feet under the sand, kinda scary..

To summarize, NZ is a great great place to tour. Stick to the South Island and go in February for the summer. June/July for Winter. You need at least 3 weeks to fully enjoy what South Island has to offer. Mainly you need to lay back and take it easy.
                        Last edited by FrostyBoy; March 15, 2007, 03:19.
                        be free

Comment

We got glaciers right next to rainforest and coastline (Franz Joseph and Fox), and snow capped volcanoes (Mt. Doom (Mt. Ngauruhoe) right next to deserts.

Franz Joseph Glacier

Tongariro National Park

In fact we got it all!!!!
                          Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                          The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                          Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                          Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Rob, I saw your avatar and thought you might like this picture.
                            Attached Files
                            be free

Comment

Abel Tasman is ridiculously nice in summer. Subtropical paradise.

However the climate IS cool, this can't be denied. There is no such thing as a beech with warm water (I suppose that warm is pretty subjective, but it's not tropical in any case), hot sun, cool water.

New Zealand is generally not humid, at least the South Island isn't. The upper North Island is more humid.

Also, we do have stingrays but they haven't killed anyone AFAIK and you'd never see one at a popular beech.

Comment

Working...
                              X