AE Scenario Conversion: Cradle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE Scenario Conversion: Cradle

Of course I was also looking to do this for Cradle but found that the files have prefixes like CRAB_, CRA_, and CRAG_ which files are used. Maybe Hexagonian can enlighten me as to which ones.

If your wondering why I need to know, the scenarios use the regular file names and when a scenario is loaded it looks in the scenario folder first then to the main folder. So to convert our favorite mods they need to have the prefixes removed.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Re: AE Scenario Conversion: Cradle

Originally posted by E
    Of course I was also looking to do this for Cradle but found that the files have prefixes like CRAB_, CRA_, and CRAG_ which files are used. Maybe Hexagonian can enlighten me as to which ones.

If your wondering why I need to know, the scenarios use the regular file names and when a scenario is loaded it looks in the scenario folder first then to the main folder. So to convert our favorite mods they need to have the prefixes removed.
    I have never played with the Cradle Mod but I think that a given set of files with an appropriate extension is used when you are selecting the game you want to play through Modswapper.

For example, I suppose that the files named CRAG_ are used when you select to play Cradle with a Gigantic map.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

To get Cradle III working with the AE you just need to extract the Cradle folder to a separate data folder. These are my folders in the CtP2 folder:

CradleIII
      ctp2_data
      ctp2_program
      etc...

So the CradleIII folder is just like a ctp2_data folder, with the "default" and "english" folders in there.

Then you need to tell the game to load CradleIII for it's data first, rather than the original ctp2_data. You do this by editing this line in \ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt:

RuleSets=

and change it to:

RuleSets=..\..\CradleIII

You'll know if it worked as the title screen will be the Cradle screen, just like you had loaded it with modswapper. The benefit of using the ruleset option rather than modswapper is obviously you don't need to extract the CradleIII folder into your default ctp2_data folder. And you don't need to install modswapper.
      Last edited by Maquiladora; July 8, 2009, 19:39.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

RuleSets=..\..\CradleIII
        This doesn't work for me. I have to point it to ..\..\CradleIII\ctp2_data
        "

Comment

Maq...you left out some rather critical information...

You need to rename one of the CRADLE_III[C-E]_gamefile.txt to gamefile.txt. I'm not sure what the differences are between the different gamefiles, but one of them needs to be changed.

Also, CRARR4C_newsprites.txt needs to be renamed newsprites.txt. Apparently the newsprites file isn't loaded through the gamefile.txt file.
          "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
            This doesn't work for me. I have to point it to ..\..\CradleIII\ctp2_data
            If default and english are the only folders inside CradleIII it should work. I noticed in the CradleIII download zip file it's zipped up like "call to power 2\ctp2_data\" so maybe you extracted it straight from that.

Maq...you left out some rather critical information...
            Oops, yeah I forgot, there are a couple of hurdles at first.

You need to rename one of the CRADLE_III[C-E]_gamefile.txt to gamefile.txt. I'm not sure what the differences are between the different gamefiles, but one of them needs to be changed.
            It should say on the 3rd to bottom line of each which Cradle set up they're for.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

You might also have to disable diplomod, but it's implemented in the source code now anyway IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                You might also have to disable diplomod, but it's implemented in the source code now anyway IIRC.
                I just got an "array index out of bounds" error from diplomod.
                "

Comment

CRASH!!!

Code:
                    0x006dd325  [Ins_DELTAP + 0x2b]
                    0x0000000f  [__safe_se_handler_count + 0xf]
                    0x00552c30  [?Serialize@DiplomacyProposalRecord@@QAEXAAVCivArchive@@@Z + 0x2a0]
                    0x0003f3e8  [_fltused + 0x35b72]
                  I got a similar crash when playing the CTC mod with the AE. I think it has to do with sending non-existent diplomatic proposals.
                  "

Comment

CRASH!!!
                    OH NOES!

Did you disable diplomod?

Comment

Yeah.
                      "

Comment

After running cradle with the debug version, I can safely say that there are ALOT of issues to be resolved.
                        "

Comment

Why did you run it in debug? You can find lots of issues using debug with the original game.

Comment

Because I can't get passed the crash I posted above. Seems to have something to do with the # of governments loaded from the strategies.txt file, but I can't figure it out.
                            "

Comment

Because I can't get passed the crash I posted above. Seems to have something to do with the # of governments loaded from the strategies.txt file, but I can't figure it out.
                              Maybe edit strategies.txt like the AE. Rather than only putting in what governments you want that strategy to use, put in ALL the governments for each strategy, but in the order you want them to be used. I think I had this problem too.

Comment

Working...
                              X