What Happened to Shaka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to Shaka?

So I started playing a game of Civ on my wife's computer, and met our old "friend" Shaka Zulu. The thing is, his head's messed up! What happened to his Zulu headband-thingie?

She's got patch Warlords patch 2.08 installed, but I don't believe that this was one of the patch fixes.

Does anybody know what the deal is? Maybe I'm missing something.

Attached: Weird Shaka Image. Notice that his icon still has the head thingie.
    Attached Files
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

hehe nice hair do
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

He's being polite and taking his hat off in front of a lady. You said it was your wife's computer after all.
      Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

It is the dry season so he doesn't need his shower cap.
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Does anybody know why the game would do this?
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I think something has done the same thing. I got out got back in and it was fine.

Comment

hate to be a cynic, but that file looks photoshopped to me.
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                hate to be a cynic, but that file looks photoshopped to me.
                Well, that's what I thought when I SAW IT ON THE SCREEN.
                Which is why I came here for help.

Comment

Your wife has altered the Shaka leaderhead on her computer in order to convice you that there's malicious Firaxis-led conspiracy bent on removing the hats of and shaving the heads of all the world's leaders . She's hoping you will be so distracted tracking down this nefarious group that you won't notice her spending all the family's hard-earned money on designer purses...

No. Sorry. That's something my girlfriend would do. My mistake.
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                    No. Sorry. That's something my girlfriend would do. My mistake.

Comment

Maybe (and this is pure conjecture) your video card ran out of memory for sprites. It loaded the sprites for Shaka's head and successfully rendered them, but when it tried to render the hat it ran out of memory and so it didn't display it. Restarting the game would flush everything out of the video card so the problem wouldn't reproduce.

How much video memory do you have?

Comment

Working...
                      X