BBCA: Robin Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBCA: Robin Hood

Anyone catch this piece of doodoo? Another classic legend ground into the dirt by ineptitude.

Movie makers keep replacing a hero's panache with undeserved arrogance.

And why was the daughter of the farmer wearing mascara and lip gloss? Why was she attracted to Robin Hood, who'd been on the road for months, was ragged, dirty, filthy and sweaty?

Why did the farmer have a sword? Peasants didn't have swords. Why was the farmer able to chase the trained warrior Robin Hood all over the farmhouse? Why didn't the farmer's daughter try to stop the fight?

When Robin Hood stepped forward to announce he was the Earl of Huntington, why did everyone immediately believe him instead of asking why then did he smelled like a pig sty?

Re: BBCA: Robin Hood

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    And why was the daughter of the farmer wearing mascara and lip gloss? Why was she attracted to Robin Hood, who'd been on the road for months, was ragged, dirty, filthy and sweaty?
    I'm guessing everyone was ragged, dirty, filthy and sweaty back then.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Re: Re: BBCA: Robin Hood

Originally posted by OzzyKP
      I'm guessing everyone was ragged, dirty, filthy and sweaty back then.
      Oh, I guess. And she was probably really, really horny. That would explain why she was doing farm chores while wearing mascara and lip gloss. She was probably panting for some guy, any guy, to come done the road, so she could jump on him.
      Last edited by Zkribbler; March 4, 2007, 20:26.

Comment

You actually watched this? Even worse, you actually watch BBC America? You got what you deserved...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

BBC America is awesome - Eddie Izzard

Non-HD TV series, though
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You actually watched this? Even worse, you actually watch BBC America? You got what you deserved...
            [whining mode]
            Well...I like Robin Hood

And I figured, y'know, it was the BBC. They wouldn't screw up one of their legends the way Hollywood did with the latest incarnations of The Three Musketeers, The Man in the Iron Mask, Cyrano de Bergerac, the Count of Monte Cristo and Huckleberry Finn.

How was I to know????
            [/whining mode]

Comment

BBC America is awesome - Eddie Izzard

BBC America is all antique shows and boring period dramas. Why can't they show Alan Partridge reruns?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Sounds like the rest of the BBC. They have some great back catalogue...but they only ever repeat the boring sh*t
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It was amazingly bad. I had to leave.

BBC-A has occasional winners -- Life On Mars was great (really hoping it comes back!), and it's where I saw The Office originally.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I believe that Life On Mars is supposed to have another series starting soon, or may indeed have already started. I have never seen the program although I have heard positive things about the program...
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      I believe that Life On Mars is supposed to have another series starting soon, or may indeed have already started. I have never seen the program although I have heard positive things about the program...
                      It is the best thing on TV since, well infact I can't remeber a better programme
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Life on Mars - the second and final season of eight episodes has already started in the UK - episode 3/8 is on BBC1 tomorrow night.

It's a fantastic series - think Lost but with the advantage of a creative team that knew where the story was going from the outset.
                        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Lost had 24 episodes in its first season alone. They're up to 57 episodes now. That's a lot of time to fill and invariably leads to some meandering and filler in the storylines, no matter how well-planned the overarching story initially was.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

For those elsewhere, here's a taster

Life on Mars
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode of Robin Hood. It was awful, it was the British equivalent to the Hercules travesty.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X