Picking Civs - 2nd Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Civs - 2nd Poll

From the first poll, the majority indicated that they want some method of choosing their own civs. It would seem the options are:

1. Random assignment of draft choice

2. First come, first served.

3. Top 3 choices, and work it out from there.

4. Bananas all round - just to keep conmcb happy.

Please vote!!!

Thank you.

Looking to get this underway shortly. Aro, the game host is ready and willing.
    Random assignment of draft choices.
    16.28%
    First come, first served.
    30.23%
    Top 3 choices, and work it out from there.
    46.51%
    Eat a banana and mellow.
    6.98%
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Top 3 choices, hammer it out from there
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Top three choices - from a practicality point of view.

So long as no-one else wants Southern Cross' civ...........

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog
        Top three choices - from a practicality point of view.

So long as no-one else wants Southern Cross' civ...........

Yeah!!!
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Now you're talking

Comment

I still favor ranDOM let the damn PC pick. Which don't appear to be an option. We'll start talking about potential choices as that seems to be happening.

In case some folks didn't know about it, handy tool for picking civs: http://www.geocities.com/megan_and_p...picker_1.0.htm
            Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; February 27, 2007, 09:05.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Voted, and would you adam and eve it, I'm in the majority again!
              I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

From the other civ choice poll, it would appear that folks are keen on allowing duplicate civs/leaders. Guess that would be OK.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Personally, I'm in favour of each team discussing amongst themselves and selecting ONE leader, which they will get. The Civ4 game allows duplicate leaders, so we should allow them in picking our civs. Of course, it's possible to end up with 9 Alexanders, but I severely doubt that this would happen - you'd be surprised how different people favour different civs for different reasons, and all of them perfectly valid. For an example, in the Intersite Democracy Game (between 14 teams divided into two games of 7) we used this method of picking our civs, and I think we ended up with 2 Gandhi's and 2 Qin's in one game, but apart from that every other leader was unique.

Regardless, I'm extremely opposed to a random civ choice for all teams. I don't mind if other teams wish to do that just for themselves, but personally I know from experience that in multiplayer, too much of the game does depend on the advantages and disadvantages of various leaders, and thus I would want to be able to have a say in which civ my own team ends up with. For instance, I'm sure nobody wants to pick all random and end up as Frederick stuck between Caesar, Cyrus and Hatshepsut.
                  - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Comment

I feel it should be open to all teams, and 1st come 1st served

in that some civs do have multiple leaders, let there then be full usage of that civ if required
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'd say randomly choose the order in which teams can choose, then have all civs allowed.

No doubles is prefered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak
                        I'd say randomly choose the order in which teams can choose, then have all civs allowed.

No doubles is prefered.
                        No doubles should happen naturally in most cases, since different people have different preferences. However, in the odd cases where doubles occur... can you tell me why it actually matters to you? Those civs will be completely unique anyway, different colours and names, controlled by different teams. Why does it matter that they share a unique unit, unique building and two traits?
                        - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Comment

I just don't see the need for doubles when there are so many choices.

Comment

yet people do have the ability to have this option in the game, it is there in the vanilla game, not a mod etc, so I believe it should be allowed into this game
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'd like random assignments.

Barring that I'd like to suggest an option sheerly for it's cumbersomness and the fact that it seems interesting to me!

We have two rounds.

Round 1: Every civ chooses a leader and PMs it to a neutral party who announces the choices.
                              Round 2: Every civ has the option to re-choose their leader based on what they've seen, not knowing if anyone else is doing the same. The neutral party again announces them all at once, and the second picks are the ones everyone has.

We allow duplicate civs/leaders. I think it's fair because everyone gets to pick at the same time, and interesting because we get to react to what's been chosen already but in a blind sort of way. It removes the advantages of picking first (whoever you want) or last (in response to what everyone else has).

Comment

Working...
                              X