Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else use MyMap/AGCEEP mod for EUII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else use MyMap/AGCEEP mod for EUII?

If so, does Japan start out divided into several competing powers in 1419 in your version? I downloaded the latest version (165) the other night to check it out and noticed Japan was divided. This setup is so completely wrong that I'm inclined to think that I messed up the install somehow, even though everything else seems to be working fine...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

is mymap different from the map that you get when you only DL AGC-EEP. I have AGC-EEP. I dont see the competing powers.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I found a link on the EU II Wiki to this page...

Home of Agung Pasha's MyMap - new map for EU2 with 400 new provinces! Free maps, scenarios and mods downloads for Europa Universalis 2, PC game by Paradox Entertainment.

It appears they modified AGCEEP to work with their map. Is the map that comes with just AGCEEP different than the vanilla map? Maybe I should just use that...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        . Is the map that comes with just AGCEEP different than the vanilla map? Maybe I should just use that...
        My impression is that AGC/EEP plays on the vanilla map, unless you specifically DL another map.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Damn. I'd like a map with a few more islands in the Pacific, as their seems like there's little of interest to explore and colonize there in the vanilla map. Some more Asian provinces would be nice, too. MyMap does a good job of filling both needs, but I don't want to play on a map that starts Japan off in a completely ahistorical state.

I'd really prefer it if the game avoided splitting Japan up at all, even during the Sengoku Jidai, like vanilla EUII does. I read some of the ideas for splitting Japan up on the AGCEEP planning threads and I can't say I found them to be very intriguing. The posters arguing for such an implementation didn't seem to know a great deal about the subject or how it would be most appropriately modeled in EUII's abstract representation of the world. They seem to have come out on top in the end, though. Guess I'll stick with vanilla...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

dare I suggest EU2-Asia chapters? I own it since it came with the strategy 6pack, but ive never loaded it up (ive heard there are technical problems if youve already got vanilla loaded) My impression is it has more provinces in east asia, (esp the key software markets of Korea and Japan ) and more events associated with NE Asia as well.

Comment

I don't think that's available for Mac.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
              X