Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Medicine

Hi!

I'm sick. It seems its the flu. I've been wasting the whole week battling this horrible disease with oranges and tea. Now a friend of mine gave me some medicine. I trust him but this medicine is Chinese and I would really like to know what it is that I'm eating. Can anyone tell me what this text means in the label? Somehow I dont think its paracetamol.
    Attached Files
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Damn, most of the characters are vaguely familiar to me but I still have no idea. Maybe it says something like "fever" and "headache" on the first red line to the right? I can ask a friend of mine who is an expert on Chinese pharmaceuticals once he comes online

Comment

He says that he recognized the brand and that the stuff indeed is (at least partly?) Paracetamol
      Last edited by Meticulous Man; February 16, 2007, 12:59.

Comment

Oh really? So it is real medicine! I thought it was made of baby tibetans and tiananmen square protestors.

Alright, thanks a lot!
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

NI HAO, butty boys!

And if it was made of those substances, what would it matter now? They're dead already, better just swallow the pills now, so they can be of some use to the living.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I wonder if they are just like those flu capsules you get here...they generally contain paracetamol and phenylephrine...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

laurentius, our tables have the exact same texture
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Ikea?

Comment

Mine isn't...
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                    Oh really? So it is real medicine! I thought it was made of baby tibetans and tiananmen square protestors.

Alright, thanks a lot!
                    More likely it's made with industrial junk. The pharmaceutical industry in China is such a mess, I would recommend taking anything you are 100% sure about. That stuff isn't even traditional Chinese medicine. Given how cheaply it's packaged (meaning this is a company looking to cut costs, which is a big red warning sign), I wouldn't touch it.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's probably just some seaweed and herbs.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                      X