Dark Avatar released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Avatar released!

Dark Avatar, the expansion for GalCiv2, has been released. Feel free to share any impressions here!

A notoriously long review by me will quite possibly follow .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Already ordered!

My only regret is that I came late enough to GalCiv2 that there is a lot left to explore in Dread Lords. But if Dark Avatar lives up to half of its expectations it will be so much better.

I will look forward to your observations!

Hydro

Comment

Well, my impressions so far is that it does live up.

Still, the good thing about expansions is that you can play them immediately if you're familiar with the core game, which you are.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I downloaded the game already, but I have not had any chance to play yet.

I did watch the opening movie and inevitably drew some conclusions that the storyline borrowed heavily from Star Control 2.

I then waged an internal battle with myself over whether that would be a good or a bad thing.

It's my conclusion that emulation of the classics is a good thing!

I have very fond memories of SC2 and I look forward to enjoying Dark Avatar.
        ..there are known ‘knowns’ There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. ~~Donald Rumsfeld

Comment

DA rocks. I'm totally sucked in again to GC2. I haven't played in about 6 months, returning to Oblivion in an attempt to finish it. Nope, DA sucked me back in.

Comment

How big is the download?
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
            X