SOngs that make you nostalgic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOngs that make you nostalgic

It has to be DJ Sammy - Boys of Summer... the long summer of 2003 on the beach in Aberystwyth. Beer and barbecues and birds and this song

We created havoc on that beach
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Wasn't always that transquil though...

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

all songs make me nostalgic one way or another.

Comment

nice second pic.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Peter Clarke - Ocean Loader 3
          Frank Klepacki - In The Line Of Fire
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Lucinda Willams: Side of the Road

From her 1988 album, 'Lucinda Williams'.

We played it when we travelling down the Pacific Coast Highway in California, blessed with unseasonally good weather and fantastic scenery.
            Attached Files
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Check this, Doddler :

It's been a filthy week, hasn't it? Well, I mean for most of us. It hasn't if you're Croatian, Northern Irish, or some other nationalities,...

Comment

Seasons in the abyss - Slayer.

Better man - Pearl Jam

Sober - Tool

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Glory Days - The Boss.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Madonna - Like a Prayer
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you,
                      Sister Goldenhair. (Surprise).
                      And I just can't live without you.
                      Can't you see it in my eyes.

Comment

I know I'm getting old when Most of the songs I'd select can be found in TV commericials and elevators. *sigh*

Never thought I'd hear "Stairway to Heaven" played in an elevator.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: SOngs that make you nostalgic

Originally posted by Doddler
                          It has to be DJ Sammy - Boys of Summer...
                          What a load of gob****e...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

old songs from Eurythimics and Phil Collins always make me nostalgic.

When I was younger my mother was listening this music in the car, and on saturday morning when she was cleaning the house.
                            bleh

Comment

Nothing evokes nostalgia like Seals & Croft "Summer Breeze" and 10cc "I'm Not in Love" (but only the 10cc version).
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X