X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn played , back to the future.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Unfortunately it looks like Ephack and I may need to switch around again due to the vagaries of the turn timer... Ephack, I'm going to try to play my upcoming turn tomorrow morning, as it's not a turn I'd want to double-move on, but more than likely unless the turn timer changes when it goes off significantly, I'm going to have to doublemove at some point in order to go back to being first to play (as I play around 8-10pm CT and you play around 12am CT) ... so I can only play after you in the turn if the turn ends in between our moves (ie, the turn ends with me around 10pm CT).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Played.

Comment

• Game on hold for 3 hours as of this time so I can play HOTW.

Thanks for your patience.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Noted.

Comment

• Game back up.

Just under 15 hours to go. Ephack and snoop to play.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Game is down (presumably a GS disconnect).

Beta, I need the turn to be active during the period from 4pm central to 7pm central. Can you wait to load it such that it is still active at that point?

Comment

• Actually folks, I am out of town for the weekend. So if Ok with all, I will restart later on Sunday, if I make it back, or Monday. What times are good for you those days snoop?

Comment

• I want to play my turn in the evening either way, so I'm back on track to playing at night ... not sure exactly when i'm back sunday evening, but any time eveningwise should be fine if it has 7 hours left on it (after 5pm).

Comment

• Sorry about that people. I got delayed in ottawa due to bad weather.

Back in now.

Game is up with 7 1/2 hours and snoop left to play. I wil email him.

Thanks for your patience one and all.

Comment

• We have gotten notice that the hydro will be off tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM our time (est).

I will bring the game down before that and start it up after. My apologies from Ontario Hydro, or whatever private company has replaced them.

Comment

• Hydro? Are you trying to say that your computer runs on water?!?
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Beta has a nice little watermill attached to his computer.
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Game back up. It is 1800ad. 15 hours left on the turn timer. Witt and hercules have played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                                Hydro? Are you trying to say that your computer runs on water?!?
                                Sort of. The term is a throw back to the days when the bulk of the electricity in Ontario and Quebec was generated from hyrdo-electric dams. For Quebec that is still the case - and the public utility there is called Hydro Quebec.

Hydro Ontario was broken up a few years ago by the stupid conservative government we had here in Ontario for two terms. And a large portion of Ontario's power comes from nuclear generating stations, and some old coal generating stations, the latter of which are slated for closure for environmental reasons.

However, the name hydro is still commonly used as a synonym for electricity.

Comment

Working...
                                X