Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and Beta - you are probably already aware of this - the CivStats Uploader is not currently connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
      Oh and Beta - you are probably already aware of this - the CivStats Uploader is not currently connected.
      Hmmm - will take care of that too. Thanks for letting me know.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ok - regarding the civstats uploader - I gather all I do is go in an hit the activate button. Did that and it now shows it active and parsing. (wish I knew how to parse - it sounds like fun.)

Next question - can I close civstats now - or do I need to leave that up as well - like the pitboss?
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I believe you leave it up as well (although you can just minimize the window)...

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
            I'm not sure, but I believe you leave it up as well (although you can just minimize the window)...
            Yep, that's what I've done, until I hear otherwise.

Comment

Pittboss is alot like a second job.

You can just minimize the civstats window... unlike the pittboss programs it should disappear from the task bar when minimized.

Comment

Turn 2 played!

Thanks for your efforts, Beta! It's worth it!

I have two newbies questions. Can somebody help me becoming more intelligent?

1st: What is civstats? Can it be useful for me? How can I use it?

2nd: At the end of my turn, I've nothing particular to do? Not even hitting enter or something like that? I just quit the game and that's it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ephack

I have two newbies questions. Can somebody help me becoming more intelligent?

1st: What is civstats? Can it be useful for me? How can I use it?

2nd: At the end of my turn, I've nothing particular to do? Not even hitting enter or something like that? I just quit the game and that's it?
                  1) Civstats lets you see if you have a turn to play even without logging into the game.
                  http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=279
                  Just create an account and register your leader.
                  Password for the game is: seagull

2) Just hit end of turn every time you play your turn.. before you log out.
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Turn 2 flipped (again ). I'm glad I checked here. Civstats doesn't email you when you have to replay a turn you've already played.

On that note Ephack, Civstats also has an option to email you every time a new turn starts...it just doesn't do it when you replay a turn you've already played.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

2) Just hit end of turn every time you play your turn.. before you log out.
                      Hitting enter works as well. What you should see if you have finished your turn correctly is the message at the bottom saying:Waiting On Other Civilizations. Unless of course, you were the last to play, in which case the turn rolls, and you get to play two turns in a row. And after you play that turn, you get the "waiting" message.

And definately register with civ stats. Getting a reminder email is waaaaay easier than checking into the game only to find you need to wait another two hours.

Comment

Yop Yop! Simply perfect! Thank you! That would have been my third question: how can I receive a reminder by email

I've now registered and played my turn. Little warrior goes around, looking for gold or new knowledge perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by Ephack
                          Little warrior goes around, looking for gold or new knowledge perhaps...
                          Or other friendly civilizations.

Comment

Supposing that 'friendly' and 'other civilization' can go together, yes

Comment

Touche' Ephack!
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Gotta watch out for that ToxoXI character (Beta). He's a bit toxic in his dealings with other nations.

Comment

Working...
                                X