This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beta
    Flamer - is that Santa Claus in the lower centre of your picture - watching the parade???
    Yeah... All those guys have been nice so he took a trip from his workshop at Korvatunturi, Finland, and gave lots of gifts to the Persian troops.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

pinchak and Ephak left to play. 9hrs and counting. Gotta love pitboss.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I looked for the game but it seems to be down.

Comment

Yes it is. Not sure what happened. PC has been running fine. Other apps are OK. But pitboss shot down. Reloaded - but now everyone has to replay 3960 - and I can't even log in.

OK got in - but indeed - we have lost a turn. Any ideas? snoop or pinchak?

Gotta hate pitboss!!
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

To be clear - the 3960 turn has reset to 24 hours - and if you had already played the turn - it looks like you will need to replay. My humble apologies. Not suer what happened. Just confirmed all my firewall exceptions - and everything seems copacetic.

Comment

Accccchhhhhhh! Arghhhhhhhh! Dammmmmmmit!

The game is no longer in the list. I give up. The pitboss appears to be running fine - no the timer has stopped after 10 minutes.

Comment

And now gamespyid will not accept my id and password. I give up. I'm crashing (as in going to sleep) soon. Will work on this tomorrow. Sorry folks.

Comment

But the game screen will accept my alternate ID (BetaACS) and password. Go figure.

Comment

Changed my password on gamespy and it will still not let me in. Really - I'm going to bed now.

Comment

I think you need to log into gamespy with a different account from the one you used to set the pittboss game up.

For instance... I use osha7677 login to set up pittboss, but as you all know i use pinchak as my "playing" login.

Don't get too frustrated Beta... I had alot of problems when i first started it, but anymore it usually runs fine (unless gamespy reboots).

Just as a side note... If pittboss crashed but that manager window was still avaliable you could have saved the turns played. I have personally overlooked that in my rage when the thing craps out and i just start closing everything in frustration.

Comment

Gamespy more than likely crashed at some point.

1. Save the PTBS turn every so often. Any time you check it to see who's played, go ahead and hit save. Just in case

2. The login you use to start a PTBS server game gets 'defaulted' to your Civ4 name, so it's very easy to accidentally use that instead.

3. Gamespy is not very good at playing with names and passwords.

4. You can always get a DirectIP game up and then publish your IP (or go to dyndns.org and get a free DNS entry if you prefer to keep your ip itself private to the extent that you can ever do that) ... even if it's just for a turn, just because GS seems to be crappy for an hour or two, it keeps the game up
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks pinchak and snoop! Will be relaoding it in a few minutes.

Comment

good job
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

OK - finally got to the root of the problem. Somehow, the firewall exceptions list had 'changed' and blocked the pitboss.exe program, as well as civ stats.

Any thoughts?

Game is back up. We need to replay the second turn- 3960. Clock is reset at 24 hrs. My humble apologies and thanks for your patience.

Comment

Turn replayed. Thanks for all of your effort Beta!
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X