This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ____________________________
    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Yep. Back up and running.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Need to reboot my router and update security software. Game will be back up shortly.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It is back up, with civstats restarted. Sorry for the inconvenience if anyone was trying to connect.

Comment

• Game is down... And Beta is away... Perhaps he didn't want to lose his turn?

Comment

• It was running about an hour ago.

Comment

• Not sure when the game went down. Sorry about that folks. I reloaded from the last point. 3 hours and 27 minutes or so to go, with only snoop yet to play.

Also reconnected civstats.

How does your PC know when you are away? Can anyone explain that to me?

And thanks to conmcb for playing my turn(s).

Comment

• Isn't it possible to accelerate the game when somebody is missing? Snoopy is away and has no replacement. Is it then possible to pass to the next turn without waiting for the rest of the 24hours when there is only him left to play?

Comment

• I noticed the same thing myself....in Snoopy's other PtBs games, Geo has taken over his moves - but in this and in New World - he left it as himself....which is leaving it to the default setting.

I guess what I'm getting at is that (at least) this game should be set at a 12 hour timer - to ensure that the game actually moves (if one can set it at a 12 hour interval that is).

Quite frankly, if Snoopy was going to be out of the net - why did he take care of his other PtBs games while at the same time basically ignoring both the Bohemian and the New World games?!?

Obviously, he does have is priorities....and on that note, I call for a shortening of the turn time on this game to 12 hours!
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Not sure if there is a way to shorten the game time once the game starts, or skip someones turn.

24 hours is a good turn limit. Anything less and people start to miss turns by accident.

In addition, if I did have to be away from my computer for a few days, i would rather miss, say 4 turns than 8.

Comment

• No to 12 hour turns.

I'd either be at work or asleep for one of two turns each day. I'd honestly quit the game before being subjected to 12 hour turns.

Comment

• Ok, ok ... I guess that was a rather draconian suggestion - I guess you can tell that I am retired and working on starting my second career ... too much time on my hands I guess.

Comment

• I will just keep quiet and try to look pretty for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                              I will just keep quiet and try to look pretty for everyone.
                              hmmm.. If that is your goal, maybe you should put that fake beard on again?
                              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• OUCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X