Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In laymans terms ping is an indication of how good a connection you have with someone.

<100 good

100 - 200 acceptable

300 - 500 poor

>500 very poor

When you enter a lobby room that displays pings, remember they are relative to you.

Fluctuating ping is usually an indication of some sort of disruption in the connection. Mild fluctuation usually isn't a problem, expecially if the max is <150.

Comment

• I could not have explained it better Pinchak!

Comment

• Ping = the amount of time in milliseconds it takes a computer to receive and send back a tiny amount of information to you. Australians and such will always have poor ping relative to a north american (and the reverse) due to the literal distance the signal must travel, and the number of servers in between.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• My bad ping with Beta is his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill
            My bad ping with Beta is his fault.
            Ping you!

(Thanks for the explanation pinchak! Or should we call you pingchak.... )
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• So folks. I am going away starting tomorrow for almost 3 weeks. My niece is babysitting the house and the cats, but I don't think she will be able to restart the pitboss again.

Andydog is playing my turns for me, but if the game crashes, we/you will be SOL. Guess we just keep our fingers crossed. It has been fairly stable as of late.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• that didn't take long...

game is down
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Damn.

Sorry folks.

Comment

• Clearly you need to educate your niece properly in the importance of Civ
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                      Clearly you need to educate your niece properly in the importance of Civ
                      Good point Snoopy!
                      Relax Beta - Enjoy the sights - we will still be here when you return to HOUND YOU TO NO END!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• The niece is more interested in her boyfriend and her waistline - but not necessarily in that order.

And I left pretty clear intsructions not to turn the PC off....

Ah well. Looking to restart it now.

Comment

• Game is back up. Thanks for your patience folks. But Mount Everest was worth it.

22 hours left on the turn timer. Had to reload from pinchak's recovery save - so he has to replay. Also, Ephack, snoop, and Rhoth left to play.

Witt, Toxo (me) (played by Andydog), and provi have already played.

Sending confirmation pm's and emails as well.

Comment

• As mentioned in the email I believe Pinchak is moving so it would kind of suck for him to come back and have missed a few turns because he didn't know it was back up. I suggest we wait until he comes back.

Comment

• If folks are ok with that - I will freeze the game until pin is back. Will start from the same save at that point in time.

Comment

• Fine with me.
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X