This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not listed in the game listing atm.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Nope. Can't see it. And only a few hours left on the timer.

Comment

• yep... looks like another crapspy crash.

The list is very short.
        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Nope. Not crapspy's fault this time. Blame Beta. The PC got turned off last night.

Restarting and reconnecting.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Mine was the last recovery save from 10:25 last evening. But when you try to load from your own recovery save, it does not recognize the password. Noticed this before.

Snoop - is this a failsafe mechanism in the game to keep the administrator from being able to 'reload' saves?

Anyway - backed it up to Pinchaks save of 20 minutes earlier and all is fine, other than both Pin and I will need to replay our turns.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
              yep... looks like another crapspy crash.

The list is very short.
              I noticed that as well. And all but one of the surviving games were pitboss. Interesting.

Comment

• Any way we can roll it back again? I'm completely unable to play within the next five hours which constitutes the remaining time on the turn timer.

I already missed last turn because I couldn't connect and now I'm likely to miss this one too. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but there are a few extenuating circumstances at the moment.

Comment

• Can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                    Mine was the last recovery save from 10:25 last evening. But when you try to load from your own recovery save, it does not recognize the password. Noticed this before.

Snoop - is this a failsafe mechanism in the game to keep the administrator from being able to 'reload' saves?

Anyway - backed it up to Pinchaks save of 20 minutes earlier and all is fine, other than both Pin and I will need to replay our turns.
                    No, as far as I know it is because a recovery save is made for every time you log in to ANY game, and unless you use a different userid for your own game, the most recent recovery save with your userid will not be from your own game unless you most recently played that game.

That said, you may still be right. There are definitely oddities about recovery saves. I've even had some issues where I was able to load various other recovery saves, during some interesting crashes on my machine... there are some programming issues there i'm fairly sure.

Anyhow, I'd like to play my turn ... so if the game can be put up at least briefly now so I can do so that would be nice. I'll be online for a few minutes at least if you are, Beta...

Comment

• Game still seems to be down. Or at least; that's what civstat is saying...

Comment

• I *might* be able to play my turn tomorrow early AM (7am eastern time equivalent). Otherwise it'll be 7pm eastern equivalent or later...

Comment

• The game is not up
                          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Loading the game up now for snoop and Rhoth to finish their turns. With only 20 minutes left before the turn rolled, I had to find a time that was good for the both of them or roll back to Pin's recovery save - and he had already had to play his turn twice. Thanks for your patience folks.

New turn should be up shortly. And civstats is reconnected.

Snoop - thanks for your input on the recovery saves. yes, strange happenings there.

Comment

• And done. Thanks for holding that up Beta. I didn't want to miss a second turn in a row.

Comment

• Rhoth is done with 16 minutes left to play. Snoopy is on-line and finishing. Interesting (sort of) to watch the pitboss screen while you two were on-line.

So - who wants to explain 'ping' to me. Rhoths was constantly in the 120-160 range. Snoop was dwn around 40 or 50, then spiked to 95, and then jumped to 328. Now back down to 47. Is it like a heart-rate monitor?

Comment

Working...
                                X