This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine for me... As usual now... Very strange. But happy

Beta, do you or your internet provider have an IP filter? Or a firewall bloquing certain domains? I know for example that AOL is very selective : I can't write emails to my friends using AOL with my normal private email adress. I have to use my gmail one. Which is stupid : it should be the other way round

So, perhaps your provider is bloquing incoming data from certain domains?

Comment

• Someone I was playing with last night mentioned "holding down the shift key while loading Civ" to clear the chatch.

Seems to easy to be true, but they swore by it.

Comment

• Still can't connect. I tried it as normal first, and then went out of it and reloaded Civ4 with Pinchak's tactic. Nothing either way.

Comment

• I was able to connect with my 4th try!

Yippeee!!!

Those barbs are pain in the ass if you can't log in every turn.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Well I missed last turn, but I was able to log in and play this turn. Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
              Those Betas are pain in the ass if you can't log in every turn.
              Fixed.

Comment

• We blame Beta!
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephack
                  Fine for me... As usual now... Very strange. But happy

Beta, do you or your internet provider have an IP filter? Or a firewall bloquing certain domains? I know for example that AOL is very selective : I can't write emails to my friends using AOL with my normal private email adress. I have to use my gmail one. Which is stupid : it should be the other way round

So, perhaps your provider is bloquing incoming data from certain domains?
                  I am starting to think this may be the issue. As everything else is either shut down or set correctly.

But I still refer to Teach Alexman. I can connect to my other 8 games on the first try, all the time. Teach Alex, it is much better now (that I can connect), but often it still takes 5 or 6 attempts to connect.

I am planning on switching to a new ISP shortly, and from DSL to cable, and from a fast service to a super fast service.

In the meantime, all I can do is say sorry. Blame me. It's all my fault......
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                    Blame me. It's all my fault......
                    The first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Comment

• Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• The speed is perhaps also a way to investigate. In the time where I had problems to connect, my connection speed in general was bad. Now it's better and I don't have any issue anymore to connect...

Comment

• Sigh. Can't connect again.

Comment

• Ephack might have a point here ... I have DSL and I don't have any problem connecting.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Again, I don't have any problems connecting to any of my other Pitboss games. Every one of them connects right away.

And I have a cable connection.

Comment

• That is strange Rhoth....maybe your computer doesn't like connecting to a Canadian computer...
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X