Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep - game is still down. Working with snoopy to get it up under a dyndns address so Rhoth can play.

Thanks one and all for your patience.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
      Yep - game is still down. Working with snoopy to get it up under a dyndns address so Rhoth can play.

Thanks one and all for your patience.
      only Rhoth?

so, it doesn't matter that I can't play

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• No.

Comment

• I blame Rhoth!

Comment

• Hey I'm able to connect again. Yay!

Comment

• I was able to connect with the second try!

Yippee!!!

And it really was a great thing... The barbs managed to pillage only one improvement while my units just standed still.

Now the barbs are dead!

Comment

• Ok - good to hear. Game on!

I am leaving the game up on Gamespy. Snoopy provided some helpful advice on router settings (expanding beyond port 2056) and using the DMZ which seems to have solved the problem for now.

Many thanks snoop! And thanks again one and all for your patience over the last while.

For the bigger fix, I am going to be switching my entire set-up in a month or two - ISP, router (it gets the boot), and PC as well.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• And game is down for about 3 hours on Friday evening for a MP session. May not need to do this in the future if things get themselves worked out.

Comment

• No HOTW MP session tonight.

Was going to restart the game, but severe thunder and lightning in the area so will start it up again in the morning. Shutting the works down now.

Comment

• Ok..... so what do we need to enter to connect to the game now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak
                        Ok..... so what do we need to enter to connect to the game now?
                        I'm thinking it is the usual way...though GameSpy.

Speaking of which...Beta - When are you planning on bring the game back up again?
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I'm thinking it is the usual way...though GameSpy.
                          If Beta is using a dynamic DNS then it would be direct IP, as opposed to gamespy.

Also, that last IP address posted on the pervious page was the local IP... not the global... so i am assuming this will not work either.

So back to the orginal question... what should we put in the direct IP connection field in order to join the game?

Comment

• Sorry for the delay. Brought the game down last night due to HOTW8 and then some pretty severe weather. And was off very early to help my wife's sister and brother-in-law who were on eof the hosts on a garden tour. Their place looked spectacular, and the day went well.

Game is back up now. On Gamespy, as before. Same password.

Comment

• And same connection problems.

I'm stuck on trying to contact the host. That's what kept me from being able to get on last week. I've tried four times in the past three hours now.

Comment

• Can't connect

Comment

Working...
                                X