This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmph...

I tried to connect about 25 times and no success.
    Could you reset the timer, Beta?
    I don't have time to try anymore... I need to get some sleep.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Yeah I can't get in either. I tried three times last night, and then again about four today, all at different times. None worked.

Still no problems with any of my other games so it has to be on Beta's end.

I blame Beta!

Comment

• Well, I just tried joining the game and joined right away without a hitch ... so even though I would like to "blame Beta" ... I cannot since it looks like it is on Proviisori and Rhothaerill's side of the house.

A question for both of you though....What do you use for connecting to the internet? Dial-up (heaven forbid!), DSL, Cable, Other?

Comment

• I don't think it is on our end.
          All the other PTBS games work just fine.

I have a cable connection and I have tried taking my firewall down when connecting.

Comment

• Still can't connect.

I have cable and firewall is down. I think it's Beta's way of ensuring he will win.

Comment

• We blame Beta!

Comment

• I go back to snoopy's theory that it is the relationship of the various routers/modems which is the issue. A may coonect well with B and C, but B may not be able to connect with C. And again - I face similar issues with teach Alexman - and game hosted on GS. I can connect first time with every one of my other 8 games, but will often take anywhere from 3 to 6 tries for Teach Alex.

That being said, I will start looking into switching to direct IP, as I have a static IP addy.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Well since you already have a static IP address ... Direct IP would be the best option.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Again I could not connect.
                    My bro, uniteatteri, played my turn for me.

I hope things get better when we switch to direct-IP.

Comment

• I still cannot connect either. It is still the only one of my games that I cannot connect to...and it is also the only one that I don't connect to via directIP so hopefully that will work when Beta gets it.

Comment

• I connect fine ...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Still can't connect...

no declaring war on me, please It would not be fair.

Comment

• /me declares war

Just kidding I'm playing this game nice... so far ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I've asked ZargonX to take over for me until we can get this worked out...but he logged off before reading my PM.

Comment

• Game was just down for a short bit for a system re-boot.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X