Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the same situation with Teach Alexman. Sometimes it takes me 8 or 9 tries to connect. And it is the only game I have problems with. So go figure.

Snoop thinks it has to do with the compatability of the routers/modems at each end.

Anyways - its Friday night - and HOTW8 is about to start.

Shutting the game down for the next 3 or 4 hours. Thanks for your patience.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Back up and running.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Game is down for about 3 - 4 hours starting now for a Mp session of HOTW8. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

• Game back up and civ stats connected. Sorry again for the interruption.

Comment

• Cool, now play your team game turn!

Comment

• Looks like civstats got disconnected for all games. Reconnected. Also game was down for about 30 minutes just recently while I was rebooring and doing a few things.

Comment

• Weird... CivStats for this game says everyone played their turn, yet Prov has yet to play in reality.

Comment

• oh...

thanks for telling me that

I believed CivStats and thought I have played.

I'll play my turn ASAP
                  Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Windows automatically did some updates and erebooted, killing the pitboss.

Loaded from provi's save but he has to replay. Provi and Rhoth left with 12+ hours on the turn timer.

Comment

• Hello guys. Sorry about that but I won't be able to play Friday and Saturday. And since I'm a very shy person without any friend, I don't even have a proxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                        Windows automatically did some updates and erebooted, killing the pitboss.

Loaded from provi's save but he has to replay. Provi and Rhoth left with 12+ hours on the turn timer.
                        I didn't have time to play it before I left home so I'll miss that turn.

Comment

• the connection gets timed out!

I can't connect to the game.

Comment

• 8th time I tried and it worked!

Comment

• Well, just because it's not fair always to complain, I have to admit that I don't have any connexion issue anymore And for that also I "blame" Beta!

Just sometimes on Friday evenings...

Comment

• I have wide shoulders. Lay it on me.

Ephack - don't hesitate to ask me or any of the others to babysit a game - as long as we are NOT in that game.

Tatu - I still have similar issues with Teach Alexman. I sometimes (not always, but often) that dropping my firewall makes it easier to connect and play. You might want to try that.

Also - the next time you have a connection issue, see if I am around. PM and email me. I can try a test of dropping the 'internal software' firewall to see if that helps. The pitboss is obviously on the exceptions list - but it would be interesting to see if this makes a difference.

I think snoop had the issue nailed when he talked about router and modem compatibility issues. A may connect great with B, but not with C, where B and C have no problem. Don't ask me why - but it is the best explanation I have heard to-date that fits the various 'issues' that I have experienced.

Comment

Working...
                                X