Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeepee! I'm back after one week of internet abstinence!

OK, I still can't connect to Beta's computer, but at least I can post here to say that me too, I blame Beta!

Comment

• Game has been running smoothly here for the last 36 hours. So, I really do think this is all Rhothaerill's fault. After all, he is from California.

Not sure what the problem is - sounds like the same issue I have with Teach Alexman or the New world, where it can take a handful of attempts to connect. If someone can explain this - I am all ears.

Welcome back E!!!!
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Well, I'm also from California and I've had no problems lately with Beta's game (knock on wood)

Actually, I have found out that if somene else is already logged into the game, I will usually end up losing my connection with the host...so I normally look at CivStats and see if anyone is logged into the game prior to myself logging in.

Oh, and welcome back E!

Comment

• Yeah! I got in! After two tries only finally. Not bad!

Perhaps it is only a problem of connection speed? My connection is good, but not thunderquick also. What about yours, Beta?

And are the data transiting via Gamespy? If so, I would not be surprised if their servor were "a bit" overloaded in the american evening...

Comment

• Shutting the game down for about 3-4 hrs four a MP game. Thanks for your patience.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Game was back down again this morning for about an hour to deal with some tech issues. Back up and running.

16 hours left in 875bc turn. Pinchak to play.

Comment

• thanks for the info...

I do NOT blame Beta!
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Maybe you can talk to Rhoth.

But I did forget to reconnect civstats. Done now.

Comment

• There is a good reason why I am holding up the game turn and haven't played yet...Bohemian Epic is not showing up on GameSpy...
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• yep... it's not there

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Yep - game crashed - and I was late getting to my pc today. Reloaded - only Witt left to play - but well over 12 hours still on the turn timer.

Comment

• Thanks Beta. New turn is now in play.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Once again, unable to connect.
                            One more turn passing by without being able to play

Comment

• Say it with me..."I blame Beta!"

It's my mantra.

Comment

• Finally I had a second chance tonight and it worked perfectly! I definitively don't understand why it works sometimes and sometimes not at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X