X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You too Ephack!

Comment

• Hey Slacker/Beta, when is this game going to start back up again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

At any rate - sorry folks. And a further delay. We are packing up here in Florida to move back up north. This machine and its connection are going off line later today.

I will restart the game on Friday or Saturday from my new email address, which if any of you need it is:...
        Hey Beta, isn' t the big summer migration finished yet? I know the road is long, but I thought guepards were quick...

Comment

• You had better get busy on hooking up your computer Beta...the natives are getting restless.

Comment

• Ok - what's a guepard???

Sorry for the delay folks. We made it home in two days: 2300km. And was connected last Thursday. But the family descended, or we had to go there, and I did not have civ stats loaded on this computer, and GS was rocky there for a few days - so waited until now to crank it back up.

The good news is that it is back up.

The bad news is that I used the last autosave (1120bc) and WE ALL HAVE TO PLAY THAT TURN, whether you played it or not.

Emailing and pm'ing folks.

Thanks for your patience folks, and to be honest, it is really all Rhothaerill's fault, but I did not want to dump on him.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ok - what's a guepard???
              Ok Ok - I just got it. Leopard! Yes, they are indeed fast. And we were almost as equally fast - considering we had two adults, Wyatt the Wonder Dog who most of you know, and our 3 cats, and a pile of clothes and gifts and things, all stuffed into a Chevy Venture Van.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Oh, I know the problem I suspect... It doesn't overwrite properly, and doesn't tell you it doesn't, so if you're saving it to the same place as an older save, it won't overwrite that. I append "a" "b" etc. when making multiple saves...
                Ok - got it. Thanks!

Comment

Ok Ok - I just got it. Leopard! Yes, they are indeed fast. And we were almost as equally fast - considering we had two adults, Wyatt the Wonder Dog who most of you know, and our 3 cats, and a pile of clothes and gifts and things, all stuffed into a Chevy Venture Van.
                  Hum... Let's be precise Even if they are very similar, a guépard is NOT a leopard. Since leopard is the same word in french, I just guessed guépard would be too. But I was wrong: guépard in french is cheetah in english... Well, for me Cheeta is more related to a certain Chimpanzee, but...

Comment

• I've always thought the proper French term for Beta was 'le pew'.

Comment

• Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• I can't connect.
                        Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• The connection still times out...
                          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Beta, civstats is down.

Comment

• Game has been crashing with Gamespy's er.. um.. issues. It is back up now. Two hours and 30 minutes for the turn. Provi and Wittlich to play.

Provi - not sure what is going on with your connection issues. Others seem to be able to play it OK. If you email me today at some time - I can drop my firewall completely and see if that helps - but the pitboss is clearly on teh exception slist - or I/we would not have gotten this far.

Checking on civstats.

Comment

• Originally posted by proviisori
                                The connection still times out...
                                btw - Vondrack introduced me to a time saving technique. When waiting for the game to connect, if it it does not connect on the first three "passes" of the green bar - it is not going to connect. Save yourself some time and hit Go Back and try again, rather than waiting for the game to tell you it could not connect.

Provi - I have similar issues with Teach Alexman - it often takes me a handful of tries to connect. Lately it has been good, but in the early days - it was a test of patience.

Comment

Working...
                                X