X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning folks.

Rhoth, I have the game set up to reject all your moves. he he he

My PC went down last night for some strange reason. Sorry about that. Loading the game up now.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• OK - game is back up with 21+ hours in the turn. It shows Rhoth and Ephack as having played.

Of the recovery saves - Rhoth's was time dated at 12.07 am. Ephack at 12.10 am, and snoop's at 2:35 am. I reloaded the snoopy recovery save, which probably means that is about when my computer crashed. I think. Rhoth and Ephack may want to check their turns to make sure what they wanted to happen in fact did.

Checking civ stats now.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I just logged in and played. Snoop, I can confirm that you do need to replay your turn - if in fact you got a chance to play it at all.

Civ stats is also up and running fine.

Comment

• Yeah, I did get a chance to play it, and replayed it now

Changed my hut luck for the worse though
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I thought it would be the same. That's a bummer.

New turn is up.

Comment

• Thats what that "random seed on reload" button is for.

Uncheck it and i THINK the trible loot should be the same no matter how many times you reload the turn.

Comment

• Yes, I think you're right, Pinchak. And I confirm that small huts villages are quite agressives

Comment

• Game seems to be down. Any chance to get it online tonight?

Comment

• Sorry folks. Was watching the race, and then playing an interesting game of SP civ.

Game back up. 18+ hours left.

pinchak, Witt, and provi left to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinchak
                      Thats what that "random seed on reload" button is for.

Uncheck it and i THINK the trible loot should be the same no matter how many times you reload the turn.
                      I will look into it - not sure where it is on the pitboss setup though.

Comment

• Well, you probably had it set to staying nonrandom as default is retain seed.

What presumably happened is someone did something that didn't happen the first time before I got the hut (I was an early player first time around, and a late player second time around), or didn't do something. That would change the result of the hut.

The way randoms work in civ, there are two different sets of random numbers, that are each seeded with a different starting number. Every civ out there has the same set of random numbers; the seed is what determines what happens in this particular game. Each time it needs a random number, it asks for the next one from whichever list is appropriate (I don't remember which list does what). That number is then taken on all computers playing the game; so the next time you need a random, everyone has the same random again.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                          Sorry folks.
                          You should be. You almost ruined our lives while watching cars go round a track!!!

I'm not a drama queen I swear!

Comment

• Sure. I believe you.

Looks like Gamespy broke the connection last night with 15 hours to go on the turn. Reloading.

Comment

• OK game back up with witt, pinchak, and provi to play.

A bit weird though - the civstats turn timer is about 5 minutes different than what is showing on the pitboss game timer. Any ideas? Never noticed whether they were exactly the same before or not.

snoop - thanks for the info on the random seed matter. You think they would simply have the game roll two ten-sided dice like the good ole' days of table top gaming.

Comment

• :Hmmm: I have just played my turn but CivStats still shows me as not played yet....
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X