Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Allowed to Talk About Your Salary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    For 4 years I'll be making 40-50 k, then after that 80+k
    Okay, that's reassuring.

In four or five years, if I stick with the same job/profession, I'll probably be making 30-35k; I make 24k now.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why is it reassuring?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Because you're older, smarter, and far more motivated to succeed than I am, and you possess far more education than I do. By all rights, you should be making more money than I do.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

I've never made this much in my life, and I'm now living in one of the more affordable regions.

Life is good.
          That is actually a huge advantage. $70k in the mid west is likely worth more then $80k in California as a nice house in California would run $400k-$1m depending on the city and location where as in the midwest it is likely you can still buy a dream house for around $200k. Your money simply goes a lot further there.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm currently living very comfortably on 233 dollars a month.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
              I'm currently living very comfortably on 233 dollars a month.
              Yea...in India. That doesn't even pay for food here, let alone bills, rent, gas....

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

At the top of my pay increase itemization last week

Salary information is confidential and should not be disclosed with others in the Firm.
                Sort of weird wording, if you ask me.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: At the top of my pay increase itemization last week

Originally posted by DanS

Sort of weird wording, if you ask me.
                  Yeah, they forgot the "OR ELSE."
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Yea...in India. That doesn't even pay for food here, let alone bills, rent, gas....

Spec.
                    I've never had trouble paying all my bills, nor have I had any problem eating good food. This is the amount my parents provide me with, and I'm more than happy with that. It neatly covers everything, and usually there is some to spare.

Comment

That's good then. Of course the bills a working adult is expected to pay are much larger then what is expected from a student.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

****, I'm a student and I couldn't pay my bills/expenses on $233/month. But he lives in India, and I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

I've never had trouble paying all my bills, nor have I had any problem eating good food. This is the amount my parents provide me with, and I'm more than happy with that. It neatly covers everything, and usually there is some to spare.
                          Oh, you live with your parents then, That explains it. Try paying a rent, bills, food, a car and gas with that amount. Not duable. Otherwise, just go on welfare, they pay a lot more.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                            ****, I'm a student and I couldn't pay my bills/expenses on $233/month. But he lives in India, and I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the United States.
                            Arkansas?

Spec.

Comment

First: Arkansas is not a county.

Second:

Edit: Woops, I'm wrong. Arkansas is also a county.

Comment

Hm... California, New York, or DC metro area? (Yes, I know those aren't counties )

Comment

Working...
                                X