Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Place to ask a question (and a question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place to ask a question (and a question)

Which is the best place to ask questions about modding? CivFanatics, or Apolyton? I notice CivFanatics seems to have more action... it is considered treason to head over there?

also, I have been trying to see what can/cannot be added to the city text in the WorldbuilderSave file.
    For example, I see this...

BeginCity
    CityOwner=17
    CityName=West Arbor
    CityPopulation=4
    ProductionUnit=UNIT_LONGBOWMAN
    Player17Culture=150
    EndCity

What other lines can be added, and where can I find this info? I thought I saw a place that referred to this sort of info, but I can't find it now.

thanks,
    -Zen
    FARSCAPE......................

Yes, you can ask your questions here at Poly. People like myself will try to help.

As for you city question, try this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=141567

Comment

I think you may be the only one left noble sir Dale.

Thank you, that was the exact thread I was looking for. I knew I had seen the info, but couldn't remember where. Thanks!
      -Zen

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Is there anyway to input a "starting food" or a "starting production"? For example, you build a city that will have a net 0 food production, but you want its granaries full because it will be under siege?
          I've tried a couple things, but everytime I load a Worldbuilder file all unit production/food production starts at 0.

-Zen

Comment

Sadly no. You can set what your city is producing through the WBS file though!

Comment

Another question:

Is there a list anywhere that says what files hold what information?

Currently, I am looking for the Religion names. I would like to change the names shown in game. I have looked through a number of the Warlord XML files, but haven't found it yet.
              If there is a general list somewhere, that would be great.

-Zen

Comment

alright,

found the info in the Civ IV mod wiki.

Putting the altered file into the Warlords custom assets did the trick. Although, i may need to make a mod folder of it if I wish to go back to regular.
                -Zen

Comment

Working...
                X