Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most dangerous cities in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most dangerous cities in the world?

Yesterday I had this urge to travel to Beirut. But I don't think it's as dangerous as the old days. Iraq and Afghanistani cities would be most dangerous for americans I would think. But I doubt I could get a flight to those countries. I don't want to go to some boring old american city. I want to go someplace fun.

I hear Bunja is pretty bad.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I hear Port Moresby, in Papua New Guinea is pretty terrible.

South African cities are also a sure bet when it comes to crime.

You could try a war zone, but where's the fun in that?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I though Johannesburg had the highest murder rate in the world, though that info is a few year old. Dunno if it's still true.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I've heard that if you go to Tula, Russia, with a gun in your pocket, you're sure to put a bullet thru your head just to relieve the dullness.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Brazil is very very very dangerous

if I recall correctly over 50.000 people were murdered in Brazil last year
            Drug lords have a lot of power there, enough to put the state or major of a city of many millions people on their knees, they have infiltrated the police and much of the state.

Souh Africa s very bad too
            I need a foot massage

Comment

Closer to you, you can always try Sao Paulo. Plenty of crime there, but still enough safety that you can feel a thrill, instead of being sure to be attacked (no suspense = boring)

Edit: oh, and there's Colombia of course. Probably the most dangerous country currently at peace
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Bogota has a bit of a reputation, same with Johannesburg...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I nice plunge into the unknown would be Mogadishu nowadays

Be the first to tell us what's up
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Yes, I am sure that is a haven of tranquility
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In south america, the axis of safeness is Chile Argentina Uruguay, Bolivia is surprisingly safe too
                      Peru is intermediate
                      Paraguay less bad than Brazil, Brazil and Colombia very very bad, I dont know Ecuador and Venezuela
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

Go to Bangkok.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I agree, some cities in Brazil, Johannesburg.. etc.

Sloww, dude, the whole of SE-Asia is pretty safe
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Maybe by dangerous he means getting syphillis
                            I need a foot massage

Comment

Well Hell, if he wants just danger only, ****ing enlist.

An American isn't safe anywhere, Pekka.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X