Ghandi's beef with beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghandi's beef with beef

India News: Mahatma's caricature, name were being used to sell non-veg food by an Australian take-away chain.

Mahatma Gandhi will not sell beef
    Raja Bose

AHMEDABAD: Gandhi is not selling "beef vindaloo" anymore. After a furore in India over the Mahatma's caricature and name being used to sell a range of non-vegetarian food by a take-away chain in Australia, Handi Ghandi Pvt Ltd, the company has changed its logo and admitted in its website that "no offence was intended."

A storm was kicked up when the Mahatma's great grandson Tushar Gandhi wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, asking him to take up the matter with the Australian government and stop the New South Wales-based company from abusing the Mahatma's memory.

An Indian based in Sydney brought the issue to the notice of Tushar Gandhi propellign him to action. He found that Gandhi's name was being used to sell dishes like 'Beef Madras', 'beef vindaloo', 'lamb rogan josh', 'chicken korma' and 'Bombay fish'. Handi Ghandi's earlier logo had a sketch of Mahatma Gandhi holding a takeaway of curry with the catchline 'Handi Ghandhi: Great curries - No worries.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

take-away chain in Australia, Handi Ghandi Pvt Ltd

Comment

Handi Ghandi ? Unique in thought.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Who the hell is "Ghandi?"
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Who the hell is "Ghandi?"
          are you serious?

Comment

Ghandi might be the cousin of Muhatma Gandi?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
              are you serious?
              Yes.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

LordShiva is also a known racist.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I want to buy a kabob from that place after reading that article.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Comment

lol, like we trust wikipedia as a good source..
                        In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi
                          I know who Gandhi is, since his face is printed on all my money.

Comment

LordShiva, you claim to know Gandhi, but you don't..
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

I know who Gandhi is, since his face is printed on all my money.

We have architecture on our banknotes
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X