No announcement yet.

Need someone to lie for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I believe he opened his own website so he doesn't have much time for posting in the OT any more.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It says in their FAQ's that they will not be involved in anything illgeal. I highly doubt providing an alibi for an affair is illegal - seeing as the afair isn't illegal. Ever hear the term "any 2 consenting adults"

Comment

That didn't take you long to run and tell, Oerdin.

Comment

Illegal? Perhaps not, I assume they have good legal advisors aboard, but still, quite immoral. Immoral as in to make this deception your business.

You need someone to lie for you? Give you an alibi? Rarely these services are needed because you are doing something good. I'm not going to be a moral police, but still, this business is questionable.

There are lots of implications, for example, a person cheating their spouse, so what? Well, when you make a business of deception, giving them an alibi, in case of divorce or some other conflict, you helped that person to get away with cheating. There might be custody of children involved, and this business just skewed the real situation, therefore putting blinders on the laws that apply.

If someone goes on about cheating their spouse, by all means do. It's none of my business. But it shouldn't be business business either in my opinion, or at least not glorified business.

Because the value of your service is pure deception, and that deception is needed to cover up, in most cases things that aren't positive.

Should it be able to operate? I guess if it doesn't break any laws, why not.

I just think this kind of thing is similar to bumvertising, where that guy put advertising signs on bums and paid them like 3 dollars A DAY, and claimed to be a good guy. Hey, if you want to be a good guy and claim you help these people, you better pay more than that, because if that's the money you pay, you are not helping, you are exploiting, and there's a difference between helping and exploiting and if you are an exploiter, don't come around as the helper. Be an exploiter and admit it.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            I drove him away from here, which is good enough for me.

You couldn't drive away a moped, let alone me.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Granted, it's not getting any easier when I'm up against Oerdin's one-man cross forum marketing machine.

Comment

Well, if you managed to drive me away once, it should be easy to repeat the stunt, right? Now you're all experienced at it.

That's assuming, of course, that I was driven away. Not simply busy with a couple of large financial crime cases, more professional qualifications, and with my expanding family.

Do you recognise that word? "Family"? It's what people with rounded and fulfilled lives tend to find themselves with. Now, if you're going to drive me away, would you mind making it prompt and stylish?

Comment

so if we don't have families our lives are unfulfilled?

Comment

Well as far as I know Winston is a lonely single man in his 40's who smokes too much - he's pretty much said as much on this forum himself...

I rather think using the term 'unfulfilled' on him would be a kindness.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Ooh, that's quite an impressive list of achievements for a man like you, Lazarus and the Gimp. And as always, you convey it in such a nice and humble way. Did you also find time to punch someone in the face lately? If not, and with my prior experience with you, I sincerely doubt that you could honestly consider your miserable existence to be "rounded and fulfilled". Perhaps you're thinking instead of the part of your anatomy located just above your belt?

I notice that you were not too busy to be vehemently posting away at Counterglow during your extended absence from Apolyton. I'd say something other than the explanation you gave must be the reason for this discrepancy. Not that I'm complaining in any way, mind you. The past six months or so have been delightful without you polluting the forums with your patented incoherent bile.
                      Last edited by Winston; December 20, 2006, 05:47.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                        ...a lonely single man in his 40's who smokes too much...
                        One could even understand how someone stuck in his situation could be filled with such bitterness...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          Ooh, that's quite an impressive list of achievements for a man like you, Lazarus and the Gimp. And as always, you convey it in such a nice and humble way.

Impressive? It's just what normal people tend to achieve in their lives. It's really not difficult.

Did you also find time to punch someone in the face lately? If not, and with my prior experience with you, I sincerely doubt that you could honestly consider your miserable existence to be "rounded and fulfilled". Perhaps you're thinking instead of the part of your anatomy located just above your belt?
                          Nope. It's definitely the happy family life, the career, and the satisfaction in my own work. At 155 pounds, I'd need to bulk up somewhat to take satisfaction in plumpness.

Incidentally, I've still given up the fags. You should try it. It's really easy. I've gone over a year without nicotine now.

I notice that you were not too busy to be vehemently posting away at Counterglow during your extended absence from Apolyton.
                          Are you sure "vehemently" is the word you're looking for? Vehemence can be achieved in a single word, so it's hardly indicative of quantity.

I'd say something other than the explanation you gave must be the reason for this discrepancy. Not that I'm complaining in any way, mind you. The past six months or so have been delightful without you polluting the forums with your patented incoherent bile.
                          Being busy with work and kids is too outlandish a reason? If you say so.
                          I could make something up if it'll make you happy. How about getting mauled by a pack of stoats?

Comment

Have I been driven away by anyone else as well? As I've not been popping by much, I might have missed other ruthless crushings of my every fibre.

Comment

How about investigating the splendours of a thing called sarcasm when reading other people's posts? Or did the bullies at your elementary school neglect to punch that particular lesson into your little head?

Comment

Is this part of the driving away? I'm sort of bracing myself for it, but it feels like nothing's happening yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X