Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket

Yes, there is an Ashes thread, but it's as likely to be moved in here as Geraint Jones scoring a Test 50, so here's an all encompassing cricket thread.

What are people's opinions on Muralidaran's stumping the other day? For those who didn't hear he ran down the pitch to congratulate his team mate on getting his century I think, and McCullum the Kiwi wickey whipped off the bails.

I've heard some ex-players say that they'd have given McCullum a kick up the backside if he didn't do it, but I'm of the opinion that you try and get the players out through traditional methods, and being unable to remove the player in the proper fashion shouldn't force you to use technicalities like that

I'm reminded of Tony Greig's incident versus the Windies a while back... but I guess that was slightly different in that they threated to destroy the stadium and the players

Re: Cricket

Originally posted by Frozzy
    What are people's opinions on Muralidaran's stumping the other day?
    Is there a video of this anywhere?

Comment

I think warnings should be given as a 'shot across the bows' like Gilchrist did to Pieterson.

Funnily enough there was a game earlier this year when I think Saj Mahmoud accidently knocked off the bails at the non-strikers end with the ball in his hand while bowling over the wicket and close to the stumps. I think a dead ball was given, but the non-striker was advancing down the track and was out of his crease, and shoucl technically be given out - but no-one seemed to pay any attention to the fact.

Comment

(click the smiley)
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Cricket

Originally posted by Joe Kick Ass

Is there a video of this anywhere?
          About 2:50 in.

Its obvious he didnt go for a second. I dont think it was unsporting though, as McCullum didnt even look at Murali. Just one of those things. Still out though.

lol would help if i posted the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ObXmALrRk
          Last edited by Maquiladora; December 18, 2006, 15:40.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            I think warnings should be given as a 'shot across the bows' like Gilchrist did to Pieterson.

Funnily enough there was a game earlier this year when I think Saj Mahmoud accidently knocked off the bails at the non-strikers end with the ball in his hand while bowling over the wicket and close to the stumps. I think a dead ball was given, but the non-striker was advancing down the track and was out of his crease, and shoucl technically be given out - but no-one seemed to pay any attention to the fact.
            There are a lot of archaic rules in the game nowadays which simply have gone out of use because noone would even contemplate using them in the fashion in which the rules were designed to prevent. Handling the ball is the biggest one, meaning someone who is simply passing the ball back to the opposition is out. If it really is stopping someone from playing the game, then give it out obstructing the field. Ditto double hit and timed out.

I reckon a lot of these rules could be streamlined.

Comment

Bump!

England win first game of the Wossname Bank Series against Australia!

:shock: :disbelief:

Are the Aussies on a massive bonus if they get bums on seats for the third match of three, or they genuinely tiring, while England are actually getting their act together?

Comment

Yeah its too early to say. Flintoff (in periods) and Collingwood were outstanding though.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

How the hell did England do it?

And the Kiwis won yesterday by 10 wickets.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ive stopped expecting anything from the England cricket team.

Australias first defeat by 10 wickets in one-dayers, welcome to the club

Comment

New Zealand pwns!

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Lets all laugh at Australia

Until they thump us next time we play them
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

That was a superb match - well done the Kiwis! The World Cup is not looking like a foregone conclusion now.

Comment

Kiwis

Let's hope they get the sweep!
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X