FG: NW 39 - Boom goes the warhead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: NW 39 - Boom goes the warhead!

In the beginning, there were nine lords. They split up the lands of the known world among themselves, each with his own little kingdom. A peace fell over the land and reigned for centuries, and It was good. And they lived happily ever after... well, almost. After a millenium of peace, the horrors of war had been forgotten when the most enterprising of the nine lords (whose name shall never be mentioned again) secretly raised an army to dominate the world. The ensuing war went on for decades, bringing havoc and destruction throughout the entire land. Only the joint development of a truly powerful weapon -- the tried-and-tested nuke -- by the other eight nations, proved capable to bring number eight's bid for world domination to an end. Peace is now back, but there are a bunch of extra nukes sitting around everywhere, and it seems only inevitable that one of the remaining eight will get a bit trigger happy...

The Players
    1. LordShiva (WTF, Is, Eventis)
    2. joncha (GeoModder, Maniac, Comrade Tassadar)
    3. Skanky Burns (Lemon, Red, Calculator)
    4. Leirosa (Flying Pig, Flying Cow, Flying Pig-Cow that goes Moooooooo)
    5. EPW (In, and, Out)
    6. Hercules (Ars, enal, Henry)
    7. Tassi (Petrograd, Leningrad, St. Petersburg)
    8. Lord Nuclear (Zionist, Operated, Governent)

I'll update on Monday night my time (GMT-6) if I can. I'm having some oral surgery on Monday morning... not a big thing, but I may still be too incompetent to update that night due to all the painkillers and local anaesthetic, in which case I'll update as soon as I feel like it.

New players are welcome to join until the first update occurs. PM your orders NOW!
    Last edited by Jonny; December 18, 2006, 14:36.

And ze rules, for reference:

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through PM.

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours. If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile Nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not ICS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Comment

Sent
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

sent

Comment

Sent.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

5/8. Update in 24 hours.

Comment

6/8, just an hour or two left to go. LordShiva and Tassi are about to be UDWOTed.

Comment

lol i cant use apolytons PM service LOL
                lol check eventis LOL
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Updating NOW.

Comment

Turn 1: The Mushroom Cloud Seen 'Round the World
                    Seven of the warlords hoped that it would take a while for the hostilities to begin, allowing them time for the inevitable fight to the DEATH. Several went on a building spree: Skanky Burns multiplied his empire with the city of Bunny, EPW excited the senses with Tastes, while Tassi built the proud city of Lazy. Three other warlords worked on Absolutely Double Top Secret Secret Projects, while one ruler -- LordShiva -- brazenly did absolutely nothing at all.

And there was peace. Well, almost.

joncha, as it turned out, had other plans. He fired two nukes at the leader formerly known as Comrade Tassadar, now known by the shorter Tassi. The Mauritanian National Anthem had just started playing in the streets of Lazy when it was swiftly vaporized, as was St. Petersburg.

The war was on.

Code:
                    The World As It Stands, Turn 1

NameCities
                    LordShivaWTF, Is, Eventis
                    jonchaGeoModder, Maniac, Comrade Tassadar
                    Skanky BurnsLemon, Red, Calculator, Bunny
                    LeirosaFlying Pig, Flying Cow, Flying Pig-Cow that goes Moooooooo
                    EPWIn, and, Out, Tastes
                    HerculesArs, enal, Henry
                    TassiPetrograd, Leningrad
                    Lord NuclearZionist, Operated, Government
                    Orders due within 48 hours.

Comment

Sent.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

6/8. I'm already 10 hours late, so it's UDWOT time once again...

Comment

Turn 2: Three and Out

joncha had Tassadar right where he wanted him: weak and in a corner. With only two bases left and not a stockpile in sight, there was nothing he could do to kill joncha while he killed him. The Comrade launched two nukes at joncha as he watched joncha's two nukes fly toward him, but it did nothing but give him a little satisfaction while he died. (joncha and Tassi launch two nukes at each other.)

joncha immediately set to throwing a party to celebrate the downfall of his pesky Commie nemesis. But the celebrations were short-lived, as the most-appropriately named Lord Nuclear fired 2 nukes at joncha's one remaining city, ending the holiday festivities with a brilliant bang.

On the other side of the continent, things were heating up too, as the quiet Leirosa fired a salvo of four nukes at Hercules, wiping his newly-built city Thierry, along with his three others, out in a single blow.

Meanwhile, Skanky quietly built another city, Stamp, and merely watched the nuclear fireworks from afar. EPW declared the day a state holiday, and let his workers have the day off, accomplishing nothing. LordShiva was absent for a second time in a row, and his city Eventis was abandoned as his people began to fear the lack of leadership.

Code:
                          The World As It Stands, Turn 2

NameCities
                          LordShivaWTF, Is
                          jonchaWasted
                          Skanky BurnsLemon, Red, Calculator, Bunny, Stamp
                          LeirosaFlying Pig, Flying Cow, Flying Pig-Cow that goes Moooooooo
                          EPWIn, and, Out, Tastes
                          HerculesWasted
                          TassiWasted
                          Lord NuclearZionist, Operated, Government
                          Deadline for orders is the 26th due to Christmas and such, but I'll update earlier if I have everyone's.

Comment

Shucks.

Comment

I guess that was a 'Woman's Wrath' getting in early.

Comment

Working...
                              X