Recurring childhood dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring childhood dreams

They say recurring childhood dreams have to do with prior lives.

When I was a kid I dreamed of being ridden down and attacked with extreme violence by indians. I can still remember parts of that dream. Dreamed it maybe a hundred times. Woke up when I got killed, scared ****less.

What else could it be? I was very young with no concept of such stuff.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

I say the only prior life I had was the food my mother ate.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Don't think so. I had similar recurring dreams of being hunted by a witch. When she got me, I had a "redout" and woke up. I think I know the origin of the dreams (sort of childhood trauma) and I remember the dream when I escaped the witch, once for all times. Nothing of a previous life.

I'd rather guess there is something in your actual life that caused the dreams. I'm not a psychologist, but I think they may be caused by some events you have repressed (in my case I have some clues they were). In this case, it may be wise not stir in your past unless you feel mature for it. And it may be wise not to post details here on Apolyton ...
      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

When I was a kid I dreamed of being pursued and attacked by a grass cutter.

Don't think It have anything to do, with any of my prior live.
        bleh

Comment

I often dream that I was the last son of krypton.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

On a less serious side: I've calculated that in a previous live in the year 800 AC about a femtogram of myself has been crowned emperor in the person of Charlemagne.
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

In fact, I had one last night. I was chasing some badguys, but decided not to fly after them because my car was so cool.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I never needed nightmares, I had memories.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I dreamed of having sex with Jenifer Aniston when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    I dreamed of having sex with Jenifer Aniston when I was a kid.
                    Is this some sort of round about admission that, emotionally and psychologically, you're still a child?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

naw, it's really just spam.

Comment

Re: Recurring childhood dreams

Originally posted by Lancer
                        When I was a kid I dreamed of being ridden down and attacked with extreme violence by indians...
                        Geez, and here I am, part injun.

Sorry about your brutal murder, Lancer. I must have mistaken you for someone else.

Comment

I guess I'm the only paranormal person around here.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                          X