Worst Game Show Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Game Show Ever?

Curious what people think was the worst game show ever. By whatever definition you choose of 'worst'.

I ask this because I'm currently watching (not entirely sure why...) "1 versus 100" on NBC. This is a show where 100 people all answer a question (1 out of 3 choices) and then the main contestant has to also answer it, and each question that he/she answers right, all of the people who got it wrong were eliminated. You win some money for each person you eliminate. If you eliminate all 100, you win $1 million. But, if you get one wrong, you're out.

It's a nice idea, to be honest. Just one problem ...

The questions are WTF easy. The 'hardest' question I've seen in an hour was "Which city was the penny in your pocket with a "d" on it made in?" ... which required the contestant using TWO of her THREE helps to answer correctly. Sigh. Well, actually the hardest - as in most unlikely for me to answer - was "Which fictional characters are most likely to have hands up their shirts". Lilo and Stitch, Bert and Ernie, or somebody else. Hard for me because I wasn't thinking puppets. But I'd have gotten it right, anyway.

Anyway, the questions are stupidly easy. Perhaps they get to harder ones, like Millionaire does, but the problem is that people always take the money before it gets that hard. And, the main contestants are idiots... the second one today had to ask for help on "Which of these has the fewest cells: Squirrel, Calista Flockhart, Amoeba". I mean, please. (And, 11 of the 100 got it wrong!!)

So anyway, what's the worst game show of all time, in your opinion, and why?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

I was watching the same show Snoop. I do generally skip 1 v 100, but sometimes its fun to just answer all the easy questions.

I have watched the show on a previous occasion where they explained some of the 'mob'. They had a girl scout troop as part of the mob.

I'd also imagine that the questions do get harder as they go along. The last question they had about the 'd' on the penny was one that really isn't common knowledge and they had a twist on it giving the answers as the nicknames of the cities. The options were Motor City, Mile High City and Gateway City. The answer is Mile High City because the 'd' represents the Denver Federal Mint. Like I said, it's probably not general knowledge where the Federal Mints are in the US.

The next question was probably going to be much more difficult (and the contestant was blonde...).
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The gong show. I couldnt stand it!
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Gong Show? I hadn't thought of that in a long time.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Numberwang
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

The New Bible Baffle

When I was in college, I worked the night shift in a factory one summer. When I got home, I'd want to watch tv to unwind -- but these were the scary days before cable, so most channels had signed off the air. But not Chicago's Christian channel, which ran this gem at 2 am.

Basically, it was jepordy for Fundies. The host would give the bizarrely obscure answer -- "This King fell through a window in 2 Kings 1 and prayed to Baal for help" -- and three straight-from-central-casting cornfed christians would compete to be the first to buzz in with "Who is Ahaziah?"

The grand prize was a trip to the Biblical Gardens theme park in the Wisconsin Dells.

I can't help but think that the Simpson writer who dreamed up Ned Flanders had a similar schedule that summer...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Deal or No Deal has to rank up there IMO. The only skill involved at all would be to mathematically calculate your odds in relation to the offer given, but I'm sure few if any contestants actually do that. Without that, it's simply and literally a game of blind guessing.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

the new family feud -choke-

my favorite - Lingo
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  The New Bible Baffle

When I was in college, I worked the night shift in a factory one summer. When I got home, I'd want to watch tv to unwind -- but these were the scary days before cable, so most channels had signed off the air. But not Chicago's Christian channel, which ran this gem at 2 am.

Basically, it was jepordy for Fundies. The host would give the bizarrely obscure answer -- "This King fell through a window in 2 Kings 1 and prayed to Baal for help" -- and three straight-from-central-casting cornfed christians would compete to be the first to buzz in with "Who is Ahaziah?"

The grand prize was a trip to the Biblical Gardens theme park in the Wisconsin Dells.

I can't help but think that the Simpson writer who dreamed up Ned Flanders had a similar schedule that summer...
                  Those trivia games can be fun.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Gong Show? I hadn't thought of that in a long time.
                    Chuck Berris
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                      I was watching the same show Snoop. I do generally skip 1 v 100, but sometimes its fun to just answer all the easy questions.

I have watched the show on a previous occasion where they explained some of the 'mob'. They had a girl scout troop as part of the mob.

I'd also imagine that the questions do get harder as they go along. The last question they had about the 'd' on the penny was one that really isn't common knowledge and they had a twist on it giving the answers as the nicknames of the cities. The options were Motor City, Mile High City and Gateway City. The answer is Mile High City because the 'd' represents the Denver Federal Mint. Like I said, it's probably not general knowledge where the Federal Mints are in the US.

The next question was probably going to be much more difficult (and the contestant was blonde...).
                      I guess I'd have to watch a few more shows to really know whether it's that easy consistently or not. The "d" is easy for me, and of course I know that not everyone knows the s/d/p stuff, but if 80%+ of the game show is over and there hasn't been a question I had even a slightly difficult time answering ...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X