using gold to finish a build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using gold to finish a build

The universal suffage civic claims to allow you to spend gold to complete production. How do you actually do that? I looked around all the menu and couldn't find a way to do. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    KC

I use the the little button to the right of the slavery rush button.

Comment

Thanks Geronimo.

I give it a try!
      KC

Comment

BTW, you actually have to have enough gold for the button to light up. It will appear dead, just as the pop rush button does, if you don't have enough to pay for the rush.
        A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

If you scan over the button, even if its dead, it will tell you how much you would have needed. The amount drops per turn, so its useful if you want whatever you're building soon, and you can figure out if you can get it within a couple of turns... same with pop rush (though you may already know that).

Comment

Originally posted by senowen
            BTW, you actually have to have enough gold for the button to light up. It will appear dead, just as the pop rush button does, if you don't have enough to pay for the rush.

hehehe

same with slavery, except its dead unitl the 10 turns is over, or enough pop is back to whip
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

It's dead if you don't have enough pop. The 10 turns do not have any effect on it.

I've had situations where I stacked whip anger up to 50 or 60 turns. Great fun.

I used to think stacking whip anger was bad. But I realized it doesn't matter at all. If you whip you have 10 turns of anger. Whipping again gives you 20 turns. Wait 10 turns for whip anger to fade, whip, you have 10 turns. So the whip anger from the 2nd whip will fade at the same time, no matter if you stack whip anger or not.

You'll just have whatever you want earlier if you stack whip anger

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
                If you whip you have 10 turns of anger. Whipping again gives you 20 turns. Wait 10 turns for whip anger to fade, whip, you have 10 turns.

Wait...when I whip I think i get 15 turns of anger, not 10. I think it is dependent on the length of the game, no suprise. But, when I whip again, I only get 23 turns of anger, not 30, as your post implies should have happened. What gives, is anger time also affected by difficulty level. I have yet to see any explanation of how the number of whip anger turns is calculated.
                A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Wait...when I whip I think i get 15 turns of anger, not 10.
                  You play epic I presume.

But, when I whip again, I only get 23 turns of anger, not 30, as your post implies should have happened.
                  Thats because your second whipping happened 7 turns later. Of the first 15 turns 7 where already over, 8 left, add the new 15 and you get 23.

Those 23 turns doesn't say it all: it really means (on epic) 8 turns with 2x followed by 15 turns with 1x

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
                    I used to think stacking whip anger was bad. But I realized it doesn't matter at all. If you whip you have 10 turns of anger. Whipping again gives you 20 turns.
                    My thoughts to - whipping too much used to really hurt (excuse the pun). They must have changed the whipping effect at some point, from the original behaviour.

Do not know whether this changed in a Civ4 patch or Warlords.
                    "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Working...
                    X