Fare's Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fare's Fair

On my travels in London yesterday, I got given a penalty fare at a train station, but the guy was very understanding and suggested I appeal and so might get my £20 back. Now, to do so I have to send off my letter to an appeals office; however, the office is called the "Independant Penalty Fares Appeal Service".

Should I trust the independence of a body that can't even spell "independent"? And should I point out their incompetence in my letter?

i guess if youve got a good excuse but now they have new ticket machines its more difficult, it must suck for the guys who have genuinely lost their ticket though

probably best to just write it off as the cost of not having to have a ticket sometimes
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

How did you get one of those?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Point it out! That'll smooth things out for ya!

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          How did you get one of those?
          Jumped on a train, having a zone 1-3 travelcard, but the train only stopped at Surbiton, and they had enforcement geezers there... but I couldn't extend my travelcard on a machine and didn't want to queue up for 20 minutes at Waterloo, so I was pretty screwed.

P.S. Alcohol?

Comment

ps yes and/or civ

my temp job finished for the winter so im a man of leisure again, unless i can get another muscle expanding gardening temp job next week
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Re: Fare's Fair

Obviously you shouldn't trust their disingenuous attempt to fool you into thinking they are and independent appellate body, when their name clearly indicates that they are not, in fact, independent. While I think it is unwise to make accusations of incompetence, I think you should definitely point out that you are on to their little game.
              A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Working...
              X