This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and Toronto fans

Isn't is disappointing when you just blow a 2 goal lead against an arch-rival

and Ottawa !!!!!!! I knew they would come along
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Well, just as I predicted.

Rollie the old man is being played too much and can't handle it. The overwhelming mediocrity of the Oilers offense can't handle the pressure of a losing streak.

We've got ourselves a streaking team, boys.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Smyth fractured his right thumb and is out indefinitely.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Saku Koivu > The Maple Leafs, including their entire "vaunted" history.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

'twas a good night for hockey, eh Ninot?

Comment

Hellz Yeah

I missed the game though

But... yeah, Hellz Yeah
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Reading around on the 'net, and Oil fans seem to think Rob Schremp is going to be called up and be the solution to all their problems.

I guess they missed his stats this year being middle-of-the-road and his complete lack of teamplay ability...

Comment

Looks like #1 is mine for the taking....
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Some people are imagining Schremp as a superstar from day 1. There have been calls to keep him up, and then to bring him up since the preseason.

Management are fairly well committed to bringing Schremp along by having him get what he can out of the minors.

Meanwhile, Mikhnov has been called up.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                      Looks like #1 is mine for the taking....
                      I went to Yahoo and for some reason thought it was KH that posted the above message and wondered how he thought he was going to pass me this week......then I looked at Kontiki's record this week and realized my error! Ooops!

With my only player tonight being Yashin who is out (though still listed as active on Yahoo ) I suspect you are free and clear into 1st ........but not for long!!

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                        and didn't Smyth break something?
                        Smyth broke his thumb, and Reasoner and Stoll got banged up (but came back to finish the game).

It's going to be an interesting 3 to 6 weeks.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

While I am glad they updated it........

The following player statistical changes were made on Sunday December 3, 2006.

Date Player Action Owner Stat Change
                          Nov 28 Alex Auld (Fla - G) Georgia Giants SHO 1
                          It means my 4-4 week against the Georgia Giants has become a 3-4-1 loss!

/me
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

I went to Yahoo and for some reason thought it was KH that posted the above message and wondered how he thought he was going to pass me this week......
                            Yeah. We both had push weeks.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Or not. I didn't realise they were still working on the Auld thing...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Roloson's a douche. After all of his drama queen antics he puts on if somebody, for instance, shoots on goal at the buzzer you'd think he'd have some high moral standing or something.

Roloson’s play was dirty, Nash says
                                Monday, December 04, 2006
                                Aaron Portzline
                                THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

DENVER — Rick Nash has made his NHL living in close proximity to the opposing goal, so it’s nothing new for the Blue Jackets left winger to draw the ire of goaltenders who want to keep him at a distance.

Edmonton goaltender Dwayne Roloson took the tactic to a new low Saturday, when he whacked Nash between the legs early in the Blue Jackets’ 4-0 win in Rexall Place.

"I was in a lot of pain," Nash said. "That’s a dirty, dirty move. He hit someone where it hurts the most.

"That’s the first time that’s ever happened to me. I’ve been cracked in the back of the legs or in the back. That’s bad enough. But it’s a dirty move, spearing somebody between the legs. It’s unbelievable to me that he would do that."

Nash dropped his stick and fell to the ice, curling up in agony before play was stopped.

Roloson was called for slashing, giving the Blue Jackets, who already were on a power play, a two-man advantage for 57 seconds.

They didn’t cash in right away, but Anson Carter scored to give the Jackets a 3-0 lead while Roloson’s penalty was still in effect.

"It was definitely worth it," said Nash, who was asked if the NHL should fine or suspend Roloson.

"It’s a dirty move. I’ll say that and leave it in their hands."

Comment

Working...
                                X