Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My team has gone into the ****ter since putting up a 8-0-0 sweep a couple weeks ago...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Calgary broke 'em.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Toronto- my my my my-- fallen to 6th and arguably they stand a little worse since New Jersey is a point back with THREE games in hand. IN all there are 5 teams within 3 points back of the Leafs and ALL of them have at least one game in hand.

More troubling is that the Leafs have surrendered the 5th most goals in the league this year. They are not keeping good company in that area sicne all those worse than them are pretty far from playoff contention. The amazing thing with that stat is that I don't believe their goalkeeping has been that weak.

So I still see Toronto as the most likely to fall from their current standing. While I do hope they make the playoffs-- I have doubts
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Ottawa is now 8-2 in their last ten. While I don't see them maintaining this torrid pace ( very few teams can) I still see them as I always did as a solid playoff team. They are currently in 9th but a mere point out of a playoff spot . I expect in three weeks time they will be solidly in 6th-7th
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I hope somebody is bored enough to make a stat of $ spent on defense/goaltending per goal against. I think Toronto would be #1.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

My Habs??

Although they are a mere two points up on Toronto, they have 3 games in hand. Somehow they find ways to win games . They have never really gone on a tear but just seem to manage to win two out of three as they putt along. I would stuill like for them to have a big physical presence up front though

Comment

My Habs don't always give full effort, and this is why they lose. You can tell when the Habs are pushing hard. They never lose when they are skating and finishing checks.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Edmonton-- Despite looking very bad in the last couple of games, they are still 6-3-1 over their last 10 so I wouldn't panic yet.

Calgary-- on track right now and hoping to gain ground at home . They have 3 games in hand and sit one point out of a playoff spot (just behind Vancouver). More key is the Flames sit two points behind Minnesota (with two games in hand) and face those Wild twice over their next 4 games. If they manage two victories there they can vault themselves into a playoff spot and help Vancouver at the same time. The question is which Minnesota team will show up. Will it be the juggernaught from the early season, or the squad that went 2-6-2 in the last 10

Vancouver-- You USUALLY need to score more than two goals a game to win consistently in this league. Yet Vancouver is at .500 doing precisely that. People may joke that its the "Calgary Flames model" but the Flames score a lot more than these Canucks. I just look at the Canucks and feel that they "should" score more. My prediction on Vancouver is that they will be battling for a playoff spot late into the season

Comment

Three words:

I blame Huet.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

God, I hate Roloson.

He just frickin' threw his mask off during play to get a whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        God, I hate Roloson.

He just frickin' threw his mask off during play to get a whistle.
                        Actually, the refs didn't call the play down until he made the save.
                        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                          Actually, the refs didn't call the play down until he made the save.
                          As soon as his helmet came off, the ref behind him skated up. The play ended on its own right then, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a douche.

Comment

Waah, waah, waah.

There must be a cheese factory around here.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Waah, waah, waah.

There must be a cheese factory around here.
                              Exactly! That's exactly Roloson's mentality.

WAH WAH WAH people are near me! I'm going to!
                              1) Jump up and down crying to mommy/the ref
                              2) Throw my mask to the ground to get a stoppage in play
                              3) Whack my stick between the legs of the opponent's star player, sending him crumpled to the ice in agony

The man needs to be told by someone with spine in Edmonton -- a tall order -- that he needs to get over himself.

Comment

wow, Tellqvist didn't suck! Heck, he WON!
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X