This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was ugin fugly.

I was actually hoping Colorado would get a few more in the hope that it would drive the point through to the Oilers that they are not a team of superstars. They can't float and hope to win. Rolie has had too many really good nights and the team has been protected from that point.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's payback for the annoying Oilers PPV guy for saying Roloson is the best goaltender in the NHL...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If annoyance is the measure, the Flames will not win another game all year.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          It's payback for the annoying Oilers PPV guy for saying Roloson is the best goaltender in the NHL...
          Hah, the guy was on crack.

Cam Ward

Tough loss for the Habs, but they need to stop giving up after getting the lead.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

No, the measure is overconfidence.

Even the media is high on that team, and it's completely unimpressive in virtually every way.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

Hah, the guy was on crack.
              I doubt very much he said 'the best'.

We can wait for Asher to back up the BAM though. In the meantime we could enjoy a good season while he digs up the quote that doesn't exist.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                I doubt very much he said 'the best'.

We can wait for Asher to back up the BAM though. In the meantime we could enjoy a good season while he digs up the quote that doesn't exist.
                You watched the PPV game too...so you heard it.

You would have remembered it too, because it nearly made me spit my coke when I heard it.

Comment

The exact quote was "Is there any doubt that Dwayne Roloson is the best goaltender in the NHL?"

Hopefully it shows up on Google Video. Was such an absurd production, the whole thing.

Comment

I heard no such thing.

I heard a discussion of the best goalies in the league and Roile is among them. 2nd in wins, 4th in sv%, 9th in GAA. I wouldn't say he was the worst.

Feel free to continue spitting coke.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I heard no such thing.

I heard a discussion of the best goalies in the league and Roile is among them. 2nd in wins, 4th in sv%, 9th in GAA. I wouldn't say he was the worst.

Feel free to continue spitting coke.
                      Is that including tonight's 6 goals on 20 shots?

And I'm not responsible if you did not hear it. Perhaps you're used to hearing it in Edmonton.

Kind of like when I nearly spit my coke watching LeafsTV where they talked about McCabe as a "front-runner for the Norris trophy" and "one of the quickest defencemen in the NHL".

Comment

Oh, and of the goalies who aren't backups, he is second in sv% (before tonight, he'll drop a few spots).
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Is that including tonight's 6 goals on 20 shots?

And I'm not responsible if you did not hear it. Perhaps you're used to hearing it in Edmonton.

Kind of like when I nearly spit my coke watching LeafsTV where they talked about McCabe as a "front-runner for the Norris trophy" and "one of the quickest defencemen in the NHL".
                          Back up the bull ****.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Back up the bull ****.
                            How do you honestly expect me to back it up?

More importantly, why the hell would I lie about that randomly?

With luck it's on Google Video shortly, I'll be more than happy.

If the PPV feed shows up online and then it shows I'm correct, you have to have the Flames logo as your avatar for the rest of the regular season, with your location field saying "Go Flames Go!"

Likewise, I'll do the same for the Oilers if for whatever reason it's not in the feed.

I can even tell you when it was said: around the ~8:18pm MST mark of the telecast, as that's when I relayed the hilarity to my friend Leanne:
                            Attached Files

Comment

How do you honestly expect me to back it up?

More importantly, why the hell would I lie about that randomly?
                              Are you serious?

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Are you serious?

I can certainly think of a lot of other things to say about Edmonton, its people, and its hockey team other than to make up statements attributed to their PPV color commentator whose name I can't even recall.

Now be a man and take me up on the bet, since you're so sure I made it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X