This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

The stats speak for themselves, Tingkai. A lot of players are good on the ice, but this doesn't make them good leaders.

The Leafs are far worse, record-wise, with Sundin in the games over the past two seasons. Explain that if it has nothing to do with him.
    If you had ever played hockey then you would know the obvious fact that it is a team sport. To blame the current slump on one player is just stupid.

When Sundin wasn't playing in November, the Leafs were playing .500 hockey. They were playing better with him before then.

You blame Iginla for the Flames woes at the beginning of the season, that's you choice, but I wouldn't put all the blame on him.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

When you learn English, come and talk to me then.
      Dude, you ever hear the phrase "it's an expression."

Stop being anal.

You want it in proper Englih? Okay? You know jacksh!t about hockey. The fact that you're yapping away about a minor trade just proves it. The fact that you were panicking, tearing out your hair and demanding that Playfair be canned, proves it.

Time for you to get on the ice.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
        You want it in proper Englih? Okay? You know jacksh!t about hockey.
        I didnt know you could use explanation marks in that way. but I don't know Englih very well either.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

You blame Iginla for the Flames woes at the beginning of the season, that's you choice, but I wouldn't put all the blame on him.
          Iginla has been the definition of solid captain, Sundin has not been. Sundin plays well when the teams plays well, Iginla plays well all the time and elevates the team for consistent play. That's the different a good captain makes.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And here's something you'll learn if you play hockey, you can complain all you want about the defence, but if the forwards are not doing their jobs, then the defence are screwed. The forwards have to cover their man. Otherwise, the opposing team is going to walk into the slot.

That happened to the team I'm playing on. We got slaughtered 10-1 because we weren't playing as a team. The other team was waltzing in and scoring. Next week, we play a better team, but also play as a team witht he forwards covering their man. We lose, but by 3-2 . Next week we'll win.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

I didnt know you could use explanation marks in that way. but I don't know Englih very well either.
              Yeah, f-ck you too. I ain't working so I'm not going to ****in worry about typos, fickin anal idiot.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

Dude, you ever hear the phrase "it's an expression."

Stop being anal.

You want it in proper Englih? Okay? You know jacksh!t about hockey.
                I know nothing about hockey, yet you see no problems with the Toronto defense that clearly has many, many problems with it.

I know nothing about hockey, yet you dismissed Kiprusoff has a "flash in the pan" and even now refer to him derogatorily as "Kippersoft".

The fact that you're yapping away about a minor trade just proves it.
                The fact that you consider it a minor trade just proves it. You clearly do not have a good eye for good players, and that's a fault you have likely because all you watch are Toronto games.

Time for you to get on the ice.
                It's time to face reality, Tingkai. Just because you play hockey with a bunch of casual people doesn't mean you can analyze the game to any reasonable extent. Your comments here cement that fact, no one here likely takes you seriously.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yeah, f-ck you too. I ain't working so I'm not going to ****in worry about typos, fickin anal idiot.
                  You would make a great Leafs captain. You play hockey AND you handle well under pressure.

Comment

Iginla has been the definition of solid captain, Sundin has not been. Sundin plays well when the teams plays well, Iginla plays well all the time and elevates the team for consistent play. That's the different a good captain makes.
                    Bull f-ckin ****. Last year, Sundin finished with 78 points, iggy had 67.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Bull f-ckin ****. Last year, Sundin finished with 78 points, iggy had 67.
                      Dude, Tingkai, if you knew anything about hockey you'd know that being a good captain doesn't mean scoring points. It's about leadership.

Whoosh!

Edit: Just for fun, let's look at this year's stats;
                      Iginla: 15G, 15A, 30P in 26 games = 1.15 points per game, +8
                      Sundin: 10G, 11A, 21P in 23 games = 0.91 points per game, -5
                      Last edited by Asher; December 8, 2006, 12:46.

Comment

• Iginla has also won the scoring race, and had a share of the Maurice Richard trophy.

This is too easy, I have an exam to go to. Byes.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Hey chill out

He was just havung a little fun-- sort like when I said that Kipper leads the league in "****outs"
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I know nothing about hockey, yet you see no problems with the Toronto defense that clearly has many, many problems with it.
                            Bull, you have a narrow and wrong perspective of what a defenceman's job is all about. You fail to recognize that a defenceman is needed to QB the powerplay. You're stuck in the pre-Orr era when d-men stayed at home.

Originally posted by Asher
                            I know nothing about hockey, yet you dismissed Kiprusoff has a "flash in the pan" and even now refer to him derogatorily as "Kippersoft".
                            Typical lie. I said he could be a flash in the pan back when he was having his first good year. A fair and judicious comment.

And I called him Kippersoft when he was fluffing and giving up easy goals that cost his team wins.

Originally posted by Asher
                            The fact that you consider it a minor trade just proves it.
                            Earth to Asher, Telqvist might do better in Pheonix, but he will never be a No.1 goalie. This was not a major trade. He is not a superstar. He is not a marquee player. Come on, even someone like you with a minimal knowledge of hockey should be able to realize that.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

It's time to face reality, Tingkai. Just because you play hockey with a bunch of casual people doesn't mean you can analyze the game to any reasonable extent. Your comments here cement that fact, no one here likely takes you seriously.

Asher , Tingkai --- Pot meet kettle, kettle meet the pot

You both enjoy the overblown rhetoric-- ( I am starting to think that one of you is the DL of the other)
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Bull, you have a narrow and wrong perspective of what a defenceman's job is all about. You fail to recognize that a defenceman is needed to QB the powerplay. You're stuck in the pre-Orr era when d-men stayed at home.
                                Oh really, I suppose that's why I'm a big fan of Phaneuf, right?

A defenseman should not have gaping defensive liabilities like McCabe, Gill, and Kubina. They should be well-rounded, should be able to QB the powerplay, should be able to play solid defensive hockey, and should have a good shot and hit the hell out of anything that moves.

This is not narrow and wrong, it's narrow and correct for the prototypical star defenseman. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Typical lie. I said he could be a flash in the pan back when he was having his first good year. A fair and judicious comment.
                                You said he was a flash in the pan, which is different from "could be".

Earth to Asher, Telqvist might do better in Pheonix, but he will never be a No.1 goalie. This was not a major trade. He is not a superstar. He is not a marquee player. Come on, even someone like you with a minimal knowledge of hockey should be able to realize that.
                                Who said it was a major trade?

You still got fleeced, any way you look at it. Tyson Nash? 4th round pick? Good God, stupidity abounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X